Web page publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web page publishing

I will have to admit that I gave myself a new name and password because for some unknown reason the old one was not letting me get in. I had a question about publishing. My website is ntcreations.org and my ID # is 10197, but after publishing two pages and checking it out, it was not at all like the preview or the screen I had built up. All I received was a string of html codes listed out that shows pictures when I click on them. What did I do wrong? How do I erase what is on there and try again?

Natalie

Re: Web page publishing

Natalia

Your pages are viewable so don't delete anything until an expert can help fix it up.

I think it's something to do with saving yor files individually and not in a folder. Did you publish the pages individually in the web site builder or did you use the FTP manager.

Anyway someone will give a better explanation shortly.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

The home page is where the website should open at, but instead it is lost in an index of titles. I am not sure why the website opens up as an index. The paintings are supposed to be placed on one page also.

Comment

Hi Natalia

Just having a closer look, you have a homepage.bvp, homepage.html and an index.html.

You should only save your home page as index and not homepage. You index page becomes your home page. On your Nav bar yoy can have Home but link it to www.yourdomain.www/index.html.

The rest of the pages you can name individually.

Hope that helps

Comment

Hello again

On your index.html page your Nav bars mouse over as http://home.

Your pages should read http://www.ntcreations.org/paintings.html

So when you mouse over you will see your domain name and the " /name of your page"

You may need to enter the FTP manager under tools and remove some pages such as homepage.html etc

Save your homepage as index and publish each page individually ie painting etc.

Hope this makes sense. (I'm not a guru at this and it may need better explanation)

Comment

First of all, how do I remove it and try again?

Comment

Hi Natalia

To delete pages you will have to use the username and password you received when you signed onto Vodahost to enter the FTP manager. This is in the under "Tools" at the top of the BV builder.

Remember your home page should be named "index". Look in the tutorials under naming pages to refresh your memory.

Hope this helps.

If you look in the tutorials for FTP manager it will run you through the basics.

Comment

Working...
              X