Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Index.html for meta tags and html problems

Hello,
    Ive run a Web site checking program on my site which is designed to highlight faults in meta tags and faults which could effect search engine rankings. The program is called CEO and I think I obtained it from a link on here at some point.

The program lists a multitude of errors in html, headers, all sorts of things and given that ive simply built the pages using Voda Host, and have no html knowledge, I simply don't know what the progs talking about or how to rectify it !!!!

Is it possible for someone to look at the pages ( the main one being index.html ) and tell me if I need to worry about all the problems this program is finding, before I request a submission to search engines from Voda Host ? I know it's a very basic site and it was intended to be so. I am a little concerned about the results this other program has brought up.
    Thank you
    John www.goinfishing.co.uk

Re: Testing Index.html for meta tags and html problems

Ive just realised that this post is probably considered incorrect for this Forum as it is asking for help, albeit by looking at the site. In that case please ignore it and I apologise for the error.
    Johnheatingman

Comment

John,
      I couldnt look even if I wanted to because you disabled right click. Could be the same problem WEBCEO is having and why its generating so many errors. I could probably still see it if I really wanted too, but Im not going to take the time to do so. Just a heads up for the next time you want someone to view source and your meta tags.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry Karen, That function shouldnt have been there but I re-made the page using a clone of the old one and totally forgot that the right click disable thing was still there !!!! Duh !! Its gone for good now.

Comment

Hi John,
          I just ran your home page on Site Report Card and you did very well:

DetailsRatingSummary
          Link Check 10/10 Broken links: 0
          HTML Check 8/10 HTML Errors: 0, warnings: 33
          Load Time Check 10/10 Load Time: 3.27 seconds
          Meta Tag Check 10/10 Meta Tag Warnings: 0
          Spell Check 10/10 Possible Misspellings: 4
          Keyword Check 8/10 Total words: 230

You don't have any html errors - just warnings - most of what I saw were you using the target self on many of the options - and it's saying that's invalid for those options. Most of the errors are from your go menu - you selected "self" on all the links - and that's an invalid html designation for them. No biggie.

Two of the 4 spelling mistakes aren't errors - one is because the spell check I used was looking at English from the US (favourite v favorite)

But 2 of them you should check - it found the word goin on the page and it found licence - which is definitely wrong - probably meant license.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth. Wow I feel a lot better now. I would have to disagree with you over the spelling of " licence " but we definitely aren't going to fight about it lol lol.

What should the target be in the "go menu" Beth, or should I just leave it blank ? Ohh .... and I HAVE removed the right click disable function now after having my hands well and truly slapped on more than one occasion by you and others lol !!!

Thanks again for taking the time and trouble to look at the site Beth .... you're a Gem.

John

Comment

Working...
            X