Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to start to build a website?

Hello all,
    I don't know anything about HTML. I download bluevoda and i watched all tutorial videos, but somehow i think it's just beginning. If i purchase the web host w/ domain name...do i have more advance information to create a web? I meant for more function detail how to use on the program.

1. Can i create more pages and can they link together just under one domain name or do i have to create more domain name?

2. Because i want to create a website for a small business, i just wonder how my customer know my web. Do i have to advertise on other site or mouth to mouth?

Thanks for your help!
    Mandie

Re: How to start to build a website?

Welcome Mandie,
    -You can link as many pages as you want under one domain, I think the number of pages is something over 125,000 !! You link pages using a navigation bar, a linked word, an image, etc.
    -Word of mouth helps big time, search engines (Google, Yahoo, Ask, etc there are over 44 major ones), advertise, and lots of ways. Its up to you.
    -Choose a name that is easy to remember and refering to something you do. Helps users find you.
    -Use the forum, its the biggest source of free help.
    -Please don't post duplicates.

Good luck, you can't go wrong here.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

The best way is ....just do it...play around try a bit of this a bit of that and listen to people like Bill and soon you will actually feel like you may have learned a few things .... then submit it for a review and you'll see that you actually didn't learn as much as it seemed...no one is watching until you let 'em, just dig in. There is nothing to lose and the people here are great at hel[ping out. You'll love it and will no doubt come up with a great site. Good Luck.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

the best way to learn is by trial and error. When I began working with websites, my knowledge was very limited, but as time has progressed I can call myself a succesfull webmaster. Just do it. Heck, it isn't like you are spending a thousand dollars, it's just a bit of money for a wonderful opportunity. You want to know what the best part is? You can get FREE LIVE help via the forums anytime you want with many users constantly posting. How much better can you get than that?

A little on the web...

The web= a conglomoration of websites, which are under domains registered with ICANN. (or they can be ip's, but you don't need to know much about that.)
        You have your domain which is http://www.yourdomain.com or .us, or .org etc, but that is really something like http://www.yourdomain.com/index.htm You can have multibple sites under your homepage, and then you can have sites under folders like http://www.yourdomain.com/something/something.htm I think that there is an infinite number of folders you can have, but don't quote me on that. The web is only as complicated as you make it. Enjoy, and I hope that this is not too confusing for you. :)

Comment

Working...
        X