How to Protect your Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Protect your Images

I've repeated often that if you don't want something to be used elsewhere, don't put it on the net. That's still true. And I've posted to watermark images. There are other methods, including disabling right click - which really does no good and is the easiest method to circumvent.

There are a couple other methods tho, and while there is no such thing as an infallible method, the two that will do you the most good are to use watermarks or to put your images into a flash slideshow.

Here's an article which explains each with the pros and cons.

Again, I highly recommend you move away from disabling right click on your website for any reason - it simply annoys many people and is so easily circumvented (remember the computer wasn't made to be used only by a mouse - anything you can do via right click on the mouse, you can do via the keyboard) and some of these other methods are not only better, but much more suited for what you want to do - and that's try to protect your pictures.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Re: How to Protect your Images

Hi Beth

There's no link to the article!!!
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

LOL, I swear I put it in, but here goes again:

How to protect your images
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Great Article Beth but I think I'll stick with your initial idea that if I don't want something stolen ,I won't put it on the net!!!! Good advice.
        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

kindly suggest some (FREE) Software \ Application from which we can watermark our images \ pictures automatically withour any HTML or coding knowledge...

Raj - INDIA

Comment

Raj, you can add a watermark with almost any paint program. Photoshop and Paint.Net are two of them. Click on Bethers' link above for a number of different software.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
            X