Adding a large text document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a large text document

I have a 39-page Word document containing a roster of team members that I would like to post on my website. I would like to be able to have visitors do an "Edit \ Find (on this page)" in Explorer so they can look up individuals.

This would just be temporary until I can get a database set up.

I tried a Copy \ Paste, but I can't get all of the document on one page.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    www.6994th.com

Re: Adding a large text document

If your roster is sorted then you could always breakdown the 39 pages into say a dozen bv pages with a link from 1 page to the next !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I think the best way would be to convert it to PDF document. That can easily be opened or downloaded and has a built in find feature. There are plenty of PDF programs out there that are free. PDF995 is my favorite.

Cheers,

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Word itself also has the "Find" feature, so you can simply upload the document to your site and link to it. As soon as they click on the link, Word will open in their browser and they will be able to search it.

However the database solution is the best.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X