Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set up an affiliate program for projects that take work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set up an affiliate program for projects that take work?

Hi Vodahosters,

I have read various threads and have searched for an answer and would like to know how you would recommend what I do for my affiliate program.

Rather than a downloadable ebook or shipped product, my service is online
    videos (have been producing offline videos as a paid career off and on since 2000-2001) which usually has a two week turnaround, if not less.

With that said, I've recruited a small army of targeted affiliates that are in
    multimedia marketing who have all opted in through aweber to get affiliate updates when the service launches. I have also installed PAP in to my site.

I would really love to pay my affiliates, but with a service where people don't pay until the video is completed, how would I do this? I can have different price ranges ($250/$450/$650/$850) through an escrow service or where I could walk a client through the payment page afer the video is finished and they could click on the correct payment links, which would send a messge to the affiliate letting them know they made a sale. But with this though, I want the affiliates to know I have integrity because in someone else's mind, I could easily not mention this to a client and keep the affiliate credit myself, but I'm not like that, I would rather keep my affiliates happy and keep my integrity.

I have seen other video services with a long sales page with a link at the bottom for a certain price/flat rate for all videos. Offline, this doesn't sit too well with many clients because we assess the client's needs first and then come up with a solution based on the message they want to deliver. In the eyes of most clients, naming a price to produce a video before learning about what they are trying to accomplish holds little value in the eyes of the client unless it's a standard template/concept video where they understand the probably format.

So what do you guys recommend I do for this? To make it easier for targeted future customers, I'm going to have a series of videos that give a template style with the different pillars of marketing (basic concepts that have worked for me throughout the years for the different niches I am targeting).

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

All the best,

Scott

Re: How do I set up an affiliate program for projects that take work?

Why don't you update your signature or your profile to make it feasible for someone to email you personally?

Sharing business acumen in detail in VodaTalk is not always practical.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I see what you mean and updated my profile.
      My sig's still unders construction:)

For simplified purposes , I could incorporate PAP within the different niches I would be working with (almost like a yahoo storefront) and I could simply tell clients to select the package we have come up with and the next step would be to select that particular one on the site so we can get started, as they would receive an email with particular instructions (like virtual workflow log-in, etc) and that way, an affiliate would know when they referred someone.

Perhaps that's one option.

All the best,

Scott

Comment

Install Post Affiliate Pro into one of your VH accounts for a single website, and within the configuration you will discover the ability to establish "tiers" of accounts.
        Whether you tweak PAP to be able to develop "referral" banners to direct traffic to the site without any active tracking (or commissions paid) is certainly one way to achieve the same results.
        Nonetheless, PAP is by far the comprehensive Affiliate software you could desire, and will keep you busy for literally weeks devising new programs to implement!

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. I'm really looking forward to integrating
          PAP for my affiliates!

Have a great day,

Scott

Comment

Anytime, Scott!

Good Luck, and let us know how it goes for you!

Comment

Thanks Vasili,

I pulled out my copy of Corey Rudls Insiders Secrets Course and started going through the sections for "recruiting an army of affiliates" as all Ive done so far is announced it to several marketers who are in multimedia marketing niches, which is great, but I also realized I never got around through going through this part of the course because I never had the need until now:)

All the best,
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X