Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A brainless blonde Norwegian needs help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A brainless blonde Norwegian needs help!

I have finally managed to get my index page on the net. Now, how do I make the rest of the pages appear? In my index page I have created several navigation bars, how on earth do I get my page about fx. acupunkture to pop up when he/she (the patient) push the navigation bar for acupunkture??? Now please, explain it to me as I was three years old because I'm having a hard time focusing on the english part non the less all the new words I have absolutely NO idea what means (Cookies, BV, FTP, add on domains and the list goes on and on and on...)
    HEEEELP ME SOMEONE!
    Hege

Re: A brainless blonde Norwegian needs help!

Go over the Video tutorial on hyperlinking. It may take a coouple times to watch- but it is there.

Basically- when they hit the button or link, you are telling the server (your website) what page to bring up next. So, you direct it where to go to get the page and the name of the page you want like so:
    http://www.yourwebsite.com/acupunkture.html

In simple terms- go to www.yoursite.com and pickup the page acupunkture (which has an html file name) and display it for my customer.

Hope that helps some,

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Versagodt!

If you had provided a link to you site (in any condition) it makes it easier to specifically draw examples for you to see the solutions unfold before you.

The tutorials are essential to understanding how to not only link pages, but to begin to see the larger, overall concept of how each "module" fits together...
      Bra!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Learned some norwegian have we??? Hehe... Very good!

My web site is www.ayama-naturterapi.com
        It's in norwegian so I don't know how much help it will be...
        I got the main page up and running, but that's as far as I got.
        I've watched the tutorials atleast 8 times and I still can't get things right. Anyone who wants to make a norwegian, swedish or danish verson of Blue Voda??? Huh??? Please... ;)
        Anyway, like I said; I am brainless... obviously.
        H.

Comment

Ok.. so we have an index page live.. I am assuming you have other pages you want to link to that page... We can help you do this step by step.. it's a little easier than rocket science.. just a little though.. but don't worry.. it'll be done.. First step is to give us the url for your index page so that we can see the navigation on it and what needs to be linked and so on... cool?

Comment

Isn't my url www.ayama-naturterapi.com?
            God, I feel like an idiot!
            H

Comment

Ok.. I see the menus..

There are some design and sizing issues... but lets focus on the menu linking for now.

1. Wen you link a page, you need to put it's url to the nvigation button or menu.. example: your index page is www.ayama-naturterapi.com?.. inside that page there are menus, menu items point at other pages, those pages must be linked to the menu in full page names including the file extensions.. example: http://www.ayama-naturterapi.com/beh...ger.akupunktur.. that page wont work because it does not have the file extension .html.. so it might correctly be linked like this http://www.ayama-naturterapi.com/beh...kupunktur.html
              At the same time, I see you use the '.' (dot) in the name.. I suggest you change that to '_' (underscrose).
              Thank link tells me that you have an index pages loaded onto your public_html folder on the server.. also, you have another page called behandlinger.akupunktur.html also loaded in the public_html folder.
              When you link pages it is important that all links be identical to the page names on the server.. do you want to deal with those things first and then we can progress...?

Comment

You're probably going to give up on me now, but I didn't understand a thing. Hehe...
                I knew I shold have let somone design my web page for me...
                H.

Comment

Think I need to be told what to do in baby steps...
                  H.

Comment

Can you do me a favor please..??

Can you email you BV page to me..?? just attach the BV page in an email message and email it here..

Well do a little bit and show you how to do the rest.. it's essential that YOU learn how to do it, but a little real life example on your page can help.. Only if all fails, that you consider a paid service, but you aint there yet.

Comment

Carlos....the Natural Therapy intro text encourgages visitors to contact them by email or telephone if they can't find what they are looking for, and all the menu buttons have rollovers that are whitewashed or incomplete. I would think publishing the Contact page and fixing the Menu system job 1, then going back to correct the publishing/titling issues...

Hege! For the record, I have family in Drobak og Tofte (pa Oslo fjorden), and have spent a few summers drinking ol i Filtvet og Tofte!
                      Imagine that: a German-Norweigen guy marries a Greek Goddess and ends up speaking 4 languages! Jeg or garn!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                        Carlos....the Natural Therapy intro text encourgages visitors to contact them by email or telephone if they can't find what they are looking for, and all the menu buttons have rollovers that are whitewashed or incomplete. I would think publishing the Contact page and fixing the Menu system job 1, then going back to correct the publishing/titling issues...
                        I agree entirely... it's just I saw how frustrated Hege was getting and thought maybe we just might have to take the easy way out to start with this time... but if she's ok with trying then I guess we can just keep going at it til we fix it.

Comment

You da Man!

Comment

The page I wish to link to the akupunkture button you mean? I'm guessing that's the one and I'll send it to you right away... I'm sorry if I don't reply right away. It's just that I don't have email at my house and have to drive to work to do this. This means that I have to do this web site at the few minutes I have to spare :) (which isn't many at the moment, but that will get better... I hope)
                            H.

Comment

Send me the index page. and I'll have a look.

Comment

Working...
                              X