Broken links??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken links??

sitereportcard.com shows that most of the links on my www.mayatabasco.com/tabasco_tour1.html are broken.
    I check and the the link is to the correct image, as far as I can see. Can anyone take a look? thanks.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Broken links??

I took a look and it appears that they are showing failed links on some of the pictures that have really long and strange names. But the links all worked for me.

This appears to be a problem with site report card, not your site - remember, these tools are not perfect, but they give you the opportunity to double check lots.

Why do you have pictures with those longggggggggggggggggg names - lol - would confuse me, too!?!?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Bethers . The names of some are so long because I have so many pics that are similar and those names will be changed. I agreee with you about the names but it is swomething that allows me to id them quickly since I can relate to them as the photographer was me. On most anyway.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

TIP: When working with a lot of pix for sites, I have found it helpful to simply create a new folder to place the final images in, just to keep them separate from all the other ones that vary in size, have new odd extensions due to the many versions, etc. I also make it a point to save the final pix to that folder with a distinctly brief and proper "title" that will add relevance to not only the page it will be published on, but to the greater relevancy of the overall site.

Since BV automatically saves another copy of the published pix in the Images folder along with all the rest, it has proven useful to both easily locate for republishing, as well as checking the logical construct of the site as part of pre-emptive SEO!

>> It is important to remember to use the understrike key (_) rather than to leave a space in your element titles also...many bots refuse to catalog improper or non-conforming items, often as "broken links."
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Eric,
          Fianally you answered one of my cries from the wilderness where we lowly beginners dwell. Hey, I do appreciate and understand.I have often wanted to do this( but worried I'd lose some pix and not have the original here, some are in Monterrey and some in Texas for a variety of reasons, one being some are very old and I was living in Texas for a few years), can I copy mages files that have been published, that is take a copy from the ftp_public file and create a folder to copy to? I know about the underscore and the images in question have were named with underscoring but I did not include it in my post for whatever reason (lazy),thanks just the same.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Yes.....you can upload any folder to your account server, even for storage, which will (frees up your own computer if you don't have an external HD or sticks - but CD's work good too).
            I just seems easier on the mind crunch knowing everything is neat and organized, and since it's on the server, it's totally accessible from any computer world-wide whenever you need it too....

BTW: there are no "tiers" in VodaLand.....that's why peer-to-peer works so great!

Comment

Thanks for the info. Thanks for referring to me as " friend "
              those are few and far between , at least here. Look forward to your posts, may not be posting but I B lisnun.
              Choco777
              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Glad to hear you hear! Here here!
                (Is there an echo in here?)
                LOL

Comment

Working...
                X