Can't run ftp.mydomain.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't run ftp.mydomain.com?

What would cause me to get errors when executing ftp.mydomain.com? I want to upload fmp eventually.

Re: Can't run ftp.mydomain.com?

Mike-
    Why not use the FPT Manager provided in the BV Web builder? (Under tools on main menu bar)

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I will definitely try that. thx

Comment

It looks like BlueFTP is going to work. I then decided to try ftp.mydomain.com again but after the error pops up do a FILE / LOGIN AS and that seemed to work also.
        Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Comment

when you try a ftp program like ws ftp or cute ftp use it like this ftp://yoursite.com without the www then use your password. i figured that out after 5 attempts bv ftp is good for publishing your site but sometimes you need access to the root or public_html to place other stuff that may not show up for instance javascript photos, or any thing if you were to go to my site naghosthunters.com you will see blue orbs floating if i didn't place the picture of it on my public_html you would be seeing square boxes with red X in it floating about. i usually use ws ftp if i have to do a chmod to change permission on some scripts or folders but adding pictures or folders i use explorer if you ever try explorer it is easy as well but lacks changing permissions. and then i use bv ftp to publish my site/sites.
          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Originally posted by naghosthunter
            i figured that out after 5 attempts bv ftp is good for publishing your site .
            NOT CORRECT PROCEDURE

You should NEVER use either Blue FTP or the cP FTP Manager to publish your site if created in Blue Voda.
            BV created websites need always be published from within Blue Voda using the PUBLISH function only.

The FTP tools provided are for uploading ancillary files and folders that cannot be processed by BV, such as php or script files with foreign extensions (.txt, .fla, .wav, etc). If you have created your site in DreamWeaver, C-Fusion, Flash, FlashPro8, or SwishFlash you will need to upload your files via FTP to your public_html/ account folder for proper presentation.
            If using FrontPage, you will find specific transferring tutorials here also.

and on we go.....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

sorry vasili was kinda tired at time when i posted it was a computer error :) what i meant was bv not be published with anything other than BV ftp but if you need something else on that doesnt pertain to BV use other ftp programs not BV ftp, i probably wasn't to clear whilst explaining, so after re-reading what i wrote i would had thought the same way as you have quoted.i figured that out after 5 attempts bv ftp is good for publishing your site .
              i forgot the period after attempts. "next line " BV ftp is good for publishing your site. was meant to say use BV ftp to publish your BV website you created and publish with the built in BV ftp only.
              "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
              X