Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO with soho and bv

Hi everyone,

I just joined Saturday and played some with soho today. I have several websites with other hosts, and plan to bring them over when possible.

I don't know yet whether to use soho, bv, or straight html. Has anyone found which is best for search engine ranking?

Thanks,
    Albin
    Albin

http://www.harvestbounty.com/

Re: SEO with soho and bv

SE will rank you depending on what you put on the page and how you do it. I find it easier to get ranking on product pages through BV because they are straight .html extensions. The final product pages in Soho will be hard to be seen - so you'd really be going for the se's on the product description pages.

My bv pages are well-liked by the se's - another reason I keep building my stores this way and using the shopping cart they way I do.

Both will work tho - you just would go after optimization slightly differently on Soho.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: SEO with soho and bv

Actually, Soho mirrors with straight html pages for seo ranking. For every php page there is also an html page for seo content i believe. I also upped my own site map, and that works as well. You can create STATIC pages in soho with a little customization, but se's are reading php extensions. This forum is a perfect example. As long as its only one extension past the question mark, you are fine. Its when they extend two and three times that it becomes difficult. Also the use of the footer that you can have html links to pages also aids in se finding the pages. More and more programs are being developed in the .asp and php formats, so its not the issue that it once was. I just recently GAINED more page rank with google from 2 to 3, and I built with SOHO. Most of my search terms are first page in yahoo and msn, and the rest are at least second page. I think my lowest one was #14 on yahoo. So, they are finding me just fine!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X