Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search engine title problem

Hi everyone.

Just trying to sort out a problem. When I google my website www.georgesutherland.com it gives the title http://georgesutherland.com/index.html. on the first line. What I want it to say in capital letters is just GEORGE SUTHERLAND PHOTOGRAPHY. Also how can I enter a two or three line description about my work directly underneath this? Can someone please advise how I can do this in easy to understand terms?

Any additional feedback good or bad about the website would be appreciated also.

Regards, George

Re: Search engine title problem

G'day George..

Open your BV page in BV.. right click anywhere on the page.. select properties.. in the general tab type in the name of the page you want to appear as the 'Page Name', this also allows you to customise your page dimensions, fonts.. etc.. now click on the Meta Tag tab, in the description area you can enter the description you want to appear in association with your page.

You must then save your work, and upload it again to the server for all that to appear.. Also, the change may not be visible instantly on Google until google picks up the page again, but you will see the change is you open the page in your browser by typin in your url address.

Comment

Thanks for the info Carlos. I figured it would be something like that. It's just because I couldn't see the change instantly when I re-checked it that I began to get doubts.

Comment

That's cool.. it's common that we react that way.

The thing is Search Engines are like other websites that come by and pick whatever is there.. so until they come by and pick up the new page, the old page still shows.. Google might visit you as soon as tomorrow.

Comment

You now made your title too long - get rid of extraneous words - make it short and to the point and what people will use to search for you. Is your name wellknown? If not your title should end with it, not start with it - as no one is searching by your name. Do NOT use all caps - that's shouting.

You also need to redo all your keywords - you do not put keywords into the meta on a page unless they are used on that page.

Even with the new title you'll have trouble with Google or any major se sending you traffic as you have no words for them to read on index or index2 - you are doing yourself a real disservice here.

As a person coming to see your photography, if I did click on your link and after the 2nd page still hadn't seen anything, I'd be back to google to look elsewhere. You only have a couple seconds to catch people's attn and keep them. None of your words - including the "enter here" are clickable - so you can't enter here - you have to hit the little arrow next to it. Most people will try to click enter here and leave when it doesn't work - same thing on the next page - each of your page names has to be clickable.

So, if you want help with the se's, you'll need to add some text to the pages - that they can read.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X