FireFox & IE7 On Submit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFox & IE7 On Submit

Right here we go FireFox has now a new version which is out as well as Microsoft IE7

In the coding side of things for a IE7

form

<form onSubmit="return checkrequired(this)">

Inside main body
    script>

function checkrequired(which){
    var pass=true
    if (document.images){
    for (i=0;i<which.length;i++){
    var tempobj=which.elements[i]
    if (tempobj.name.substring(0,=="required"){
    if (((tempobj.type=="text"||tempobj.type=="textarea") &&tempobj.value=='')||(tempobj.type.toString().cha rAt(0)=="s"&&tempobj.selectedIndex==-1)){
    pass=false
    break
    }
    }
    }
    }
    if (!pass){
    alert("One or more of the required elements are not completed. Please complete them, then submit again!")
    return false
    }
    else
    return true
    }
    </script>

On Submit return IE7 will work with the coding as FireFox wont! any clue for the new coding to work for both IE7 and FireFox
    Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Re: FireFox &amp; IE7 On Submit

Hey, Dave!

I am sure you've kept up with my meltdown, and how IE7 may play into it....funny thing is that ***** was asking me if it was certain websites that my IE6 was acting up, and honestly, it seems to have spread to sites that are secure (like banks, etc.) and those that stick cookies (like shopping sites or affiliate-tracked sites), and seemingly only when submitting info or proceeding through pages that are tracked or "verified."

I wonder if (like I first surmised) it may be related to IE and Java both? Is that why I was getting certain line Error messages popping up?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X