This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affiliate Update

Here is a common and unavoidable scenario which unfortunately does not have a work around.

Let us say your website is abc.com and you have a VodaHost banner, on it. If someone goes to abc.com and clicks the VodaHost banner and joins VodaHost, everything is fine and dandy and all commissions are logged. (This purchaser’s first exposure to VodaHost was via your affiliate link)

But if you tell a friend to check out the VodaHost site and he goes directly to VodaHost.com without using your affiliate link…its too late, he is now cookied and IP tracked by us, as a VodaHost self generated referral.

Even if he does not purchase immediately and purchases a week or month later via your affiliate link, the original cookie and IP tracker has precedence over any new
    cookies and a affiliate commission is not paid, because the system does not have artificial intelligence and thinks that this person is a original VodaHost visitor that just
    happened to click on a banner while visiting a site.

We only pay out for true first time visitors, Almost everybody who is in the forum and has a signature link has a VodaHost banner or powered by VodaHost or something.

We spend a small fortune per month on advertising, if a person who we brought to the VodaHost forum via our efforts, clicks on your signature link to check out your site out of curiosity, and sees a VodaHost banner and clicks it, this person is not credited as a affiliate of yours, this would be cheating ourselves.

Solution...

Make sure everybody’s first exposure to VodaHost is via your affiliate link. Do Not tell them to visit VodaHost.com, give them your affiliate link to click to make sure they get cookied. Because the very first cookie they get, is the cookie that will have precedence when they purchase.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Affiliate Update

If you have an affiliate referral who has fallen through the cracks
    via the above scenario, please submit a support ticket and we will
    immediately investigate the mater on your behalf.

Rewarding you for your efforts as a VodaHost affiliate partner is our
    top priority.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

This happens, not only on VodaHost, but almost every other affiliate program.. You complain and they say, bad luck.. I have to say that VodaHost are the Only Affiliate Manager that offers to investigate and get you your referral fee.. I am not aware of anyone else that will do that. So a big credit goes to them.

People must understand that a business that offers affiliate referral fees and commissions cannot, and should not be expected to baby-sit an affiliate's business.. we all go in the affiliate business knowing that this could happen.. I had it happen to me many times, especially when I used email campaigns.

Now, when you have any suspecian that a customer was referred by you but you didn't get that referral commission, VodaHost will contact that person, and ask them to verify whether the first contact was made as a result of your efforts (in this case it may be a click on a banner).. What if it wasn't..??

I guess VodaHost should consider adding a field in their initial Account creating application where the customer needs to enter how they knew about VH, as part of the <select> input, they may include 'Through another website'.. and may even ask for the other website's details.. then verify if that site is in fact an affiliate.. if in the future the operator of that site raises the issue, a quick reference to the initial application would clarify the situation.

That's just a suggestion.

Comment

A very warm gesture for those who still are confused on how Affiliate Programs work, and another demonstration of how VodaHost proactively goes the extra mile for clients!

Added> Carlos' suggestion for a "qualifier" of referrals has merit, but I believe it impractical to apply an email or marketing response querry to the system (it would be as difficult as adding an additional "coupon" item). Rather, let those enrolled in VodaGold due their due diligence in not only understanding but promoting such a generous and unlimited Affiliate Program. Affiliate Marketing is not a free ride: earnings are produced as a result of effort, and the greater the efforts of promotion the greater the results of revenue! ...and Affiliate "Partnerships" imply that it is not up to one party to do the work, as has been largely the case by VodaHost (in my opinion).

Unrelated: Do you think it also possible to add to the VodaGold Website a means for banner suggestion/creation, especially for sizes not yet seen (specifically, I'm looking for 88x31) or generics that can be "coded" manually for delivery to specific pages? Up to now, I have been creating my own by tweaking the image creation strings...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

what is the name of bv's affilate program and how do I find it?
          www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver
            what is the name of bv's affilate program and how do I find it?
            Click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X