Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email help needed

Hey guys

I have a little problem! I have created a site for my brother in law and an email addy that links to the customer contact form on the site. Thing is, I can log in to the webmail from my computer, but he cant from his. We want it to still be in the webmail so we can both access the mail. He is in Germany and I am in England so yeah! I dont want it to run though outlook otherwise he cant get the emails..

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks
    Teri

Re: Email help needed

The email config reg file will only work on the computer that it was generated with. For the other computer to access the email account, you must manually set up the account in Outlook Express by:

open Outlook
    click on TOOLS
    click on ACCOUNTS
    click ADD
    then click MAIL
    then fill out the nessassary Information.

Comment

I do it like that, we cant both access the emails then?
      Hmm.. unless I set it up so that my brother in law can get the emails through outlook and set up another account for "tech help" which will be my department..

Comment

sure, both of you can access the email its just the config file will only with the computer that generated it....

Comment

First- why can't he log into web-mail? You should be able to log into web-mail from anywhere.

Lets say your web-mail address is me@mysite.com

To access, type in webmail after your site url: Example-
          http: //www.mysite.com/webmail

This will open the username and password box. For user name- type in me@mysite.com then for password- type in what ever password you have for that account.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hey Andy,

We tried that. It keeps saying that the username is incorrect. Then at the bottom it says "Hint your username is usually your email address" or something along those lines. He tries it, it dont work, I try it and it does.
            If we can both access it via webmail, it will be so much better than just one of us accessing through outlook

Teri

Comment

Teri-

Are both computers set to the same language?

Perhaps, send him a cut and paste of each (username and password). IN THIS MANNER - WE ARE SURE IT IS SIGNED IN CORRECT.

I am at a loss as to why he cannot log in.

ANDY
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

That could be the problem. I will talk to him tomorrow and let you know!
                Thanks for the help!
                Teri

Comment

Working...
                X