Menu Bar vs. Navigation Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu Bar vs. Navigation Bar

Can someone tell me the main difference between menu bar and navigation bar in BV? I had been using the navigation bars to build the links to other pages in my site. However, today I tried using the menu bar option instead, built a few links to try, published the page, but the menu bars do not show up. I assume that the menu bars allow you the option of creating sub-menus, but haven't figured out how to do that either. It appears that the "menu bar" tutorial in BV actually covers navigation bars (I think since there are now both options, the tutorials have not yet been changed to create one for each option). As always, help is appreciated.

You are correct, menu bars allow sub-menus, but a navigation bar does not.

Use the insert split option in order to create your sub-menus. Play around with it, its pretty simple.

Hope this helped.
    ::Steven.H::

Comment

Menu Bars

Thanks Steven. I have been playing around with it, but still don't see them when my page is published. Any idea why? Also, do you know of a thread or tutorial on this option?

Comment

Be sure your looking at your website, not the preview page.

Comment

Menu Bars

Right... I did not see them in preview, so I published and still don't see them.

Comment

Mmm, are you using the newest version of BlueVoda?

If so, open a support ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Patti Johnson
              Right... I did not see them in preview, so I published and still don't see them.
              Hi Patti, can you post the url please

are you saving the page before preview/pubish?
              www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
              BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
              Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

I may not have saved first, only previewed and published. I'll try again... thanks. For some reason I never got a response from my question regarding the "Tell a Friend" button. Can anyone give me some assistance on that?

Originally posted by Maddog
                Hi Patti, can you post the url please

are you saving the page before preview/pubish?
                Last edited by Patti Johnson; 09-03-2005, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Patti,

you need to save 1st so Bv can make the files need to make the menu system work.

If your looking for tell a friend button look here, if it the type of thing you want I will help your through it ( try it place your own email in friend box)

If you want just a stright button to open a email then add the following in html box and plce where your want it

Comment

helpful if I told you the script

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
                    <!-- Begin

var initialsubj="PLACE YOUR TEXT HERE I.E. CHECK THIS OUT!"
                    var initialmsg="Hi:\n You may want to check out this site: "+window.location
                    var good;
                    function checkEmailAddress(field) {

var goodEmail = field.value.match(/\b(^(\S+@).+((\.com)|(\.net)|(\.edu)|(\.mil)|(\.go v)|(\.org)|(\.info)|(\.sex)|(\.biz)|(\.aero)|(\.co op)|(\.museum)|(\.name)|(\.pro)|(\..{2,2}))$)\b/gi);
                    if (goodEmail) {
                    good = true;
                    }
                    else {
                    alert('Please enter a valid address.');
                    field.focus();
                    field.select();
                    good = false;
                    }
                    }
                    u = window.location;
                    function mailThisUrl() {
                    good = false
                    checkEmailAddress(document.eMailer.email);
                    if (good) {

//window.location = "mailto:"+document.eMailer.email.value+"?subject=" +initialsubj+"&body="+document.title+" "+u;
                    window.location = "mailto:"+document.eMailer.email.value+"?subject=" +initialsubj+"&body="+initialmsg
                    }
                    }
                    // End -->
                    </script>

<form name="eMailer">
                    Tell a friend:
                    <input type="text" name="email" size="26" value=" Enter Address Here" onFocus="this.value=''" onMouseOver="window.status='Enter email address here and tell a friend about this site...'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status='';return true">
                    <br>
                    <input type="button" value="Send this URL" onMouseOver="window.status='Click to send an email (with this page address) to a friend! Enter email address above...'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status='';return true" onClick="mailThisUrl();">
                    </form>

Comment

Tell a Friend

Yes, that's the same button I've put on my site... but don't know how to program it. Your help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Maddog
                      helpful if I told you the script

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
                      <!-- Begin

var initialsubj="PLACE YOUR TEXT HERE I.E. CHECK THIS OUT!"
                      var initialmsg="Hi:\n You may want to check out this site: "+window.location
                      var good;
                      function checkEmailAddress(field) {

var goodEmail = field.value.match(/\b(^(\S+@).+((\.com)|(\.net)|(\.edu)|(\.mil)|(\.go v)|(\.org)|(\.info)|(\.sex)|(\.biz)|(\.aero)|(\.co op)|(\.museum)|(\.name)|(\.pro)|(\..{2,2}))$)\b/gi);
                      if (goodEmail) {
                      good = true;
                      }
                      else {
                      alert('Please enter a valid address.');
                      field.focus();
                      field.select();
                      good = false;
                      }
                      }
                      u = window.location;
                      function mailThisUrl() {
                      good = false
                      checkEmailAddress(document.eMailer.email);
                      if (good) {

//window.location = "mailto:"+document.eMailer.email.value+"?subject=" +initialsubj+"&body="+document.title+" "+u;
                      window.location = "mailto:"+document.eMailer.email.value+"?subject=" +initialsubj+"&body="+initialmsg
                      }
                      }
                      // End -->
                      </script>

<form name="eMailer">
                      Tell a friend:
                      <input type="text" name="email" size="26" value=" Enter Address Here" onFocus="this.value=''" onMouseOver="window.status='Enter email address here and tell a friend about this site...'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status='';return true">
                      <br>
                      <input type="button" value="Send this URL" onMouseOver="window.status='Click to send an email (with this page address) to a friend! Enter email address above...'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status='';return true" onClick="mailThisUrl();">
                      </form>

Comment

Re: Menu Bar vs. Navigation Bar

No, it will NOT work. You see the menubar uses also auxiliary Javascript files that are automatically uploaded on the server when the site is published normaly on a VH server. When you copy / paste the code, these files (which are generated by BV when you publish) are not created nor uploaded on the server.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Menu Bar vs. Navigation Bar

Snow Queen do NOT make multiple posts of the same thing - Naval answered this one twice for you - and a third post of this question was deleted. Once will work :)
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                          X