X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me plz

hi im confuzed and i need help
    you know in bluevoda when you create a site it has a url
    well i want to know how you set the url to a page cause i remembered you need to put in the url of a page for it to work soooo...how do i set the url to a page

Re: help me plz

Hi Cleffern, what is your webiste or URL or domain name?
    When you create a page in BV you save it as index and publish. You must have a VodaHost account and a domain name to publish.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

hey what i mean is like you know how to make a link from one page to another,right well thats when you need the url but i was wordering how does that work if you dont put a url name thing on the page you want it to link to

Comment

ok um explain wat you said just now to me again i dont understand
        i mean like when you make a link from one page to another and you type in a url name thing but wat i want to know is how do u set one to a page cuz wat sense does it make if you type the url if the page you want it linked to doesnt have that url for the link to send you to oh and in case this might be importand i havent published my website yet i want it as complete as i can get it before i publish it

Comment

you have to name the pages that you are making - those page names become part of the url.

for example, if your website is
          www.domain.com

and you name a page hello, then the url to that page will be:
          www.domain.com/hello.html
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
            you have to name the pages that you are making - those page names become part of the url.

for example, if your website is
            www.domain.com

and you name a page hello, then the url to that page will be:
            www.domain.com/hello.html

ok then wat i want to know is how does the program know that i want the page that is called hello to be a part of domain.com for all i know i want it to be a part of another website

Comment

uh ok obviously you guys dont understand so ill make it easier

you know how when you make a menu bar you type the url of the page you want it to be linked to, well wat i want to know is, is how do i set the url of a page so that when you click the menu button it'll send me to this page im working on. eg i have a home page and a sub page how do i setthe url of the home page and sub page, so that the munu botton will send me to the page im on.
              i know that you type the url on the menu prporties and all of that but what sense does it make if you have a url in the menu bar when you dont have a page with that set url

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                Hi Cleffern, what is your webiste or URL or domain name?
                When you create a page in BV you save it as index and publish. You must have a VodaHost account and a domain name to publish.
                note what he says here he asks me what my URL or domain name is
                well i don't know because i haven't set any of my pages with any .................so how do i do that??????????

oh and by the way i havent published my website yet so i dont know if its something that you do after you publish it

Comment

If I understand correctly............

Ok- if you are using the BV web builder- links will not work until you publish the page to the server (Voda Host). There is no way for you to test them until the pages are published.

Therefore, what you want to do is a waste of time for one very big reason- If you are not including your website name (ie- your basic URL- mywebsite.com) in the links, then if and when you publish, you will have to re-do all those links on all the pages.

So- if I understand, you cannot test things out by linking home_page to page_2.

You must use the full URL for links.

So, the first thing to do is decide on a website name. Make sure it is not already taken. You can check this
                  at betterwhois.com . Then, when you have a website name that you like, purchase it from Voda Host or another
                  domain name registar. Then, purchase a Voda Host account and start building and publishing your created pages.

Cheers,

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

And when you publish you publish the pages to the domain that you want them in - that's how it knows which domain that page belongs to.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

ok i think i understand so when i publish my website thats when i choose the url for each idividual page and then i make the links ok thx oh and im curious how much does it cost to publish a website and if posible how can i get another company like google to pay for me if i sponser their products

Comment

With Voda Host it works out to be $7.95 per month hosting if you pay for one year. $9.95 per month if you pay monthly. To purchase your domain name it is around $20 and then $20/year. Most times Voda Host runs specials where you get a free domain name and they wave the set up fee ($30) if you sign up for a year of more.

Google Ad-sense is one way to get paid for people using your site and clicking on google ads.

Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
                          With Voda Host it works out to be $7.95 per month hosting if you pay for one year. $9.95 per month if you pay monthly. To purchase your domain name it is around $20 and then $20/year. Most times Voda Host runs specials where you get a free domain name and they wave the set up fee ($30) if you sign up for a year of more.

Google Ad-sense is one way to get paid for people using your site and clicking on google ads.

Andy
                          ok i'm a little confused how about u just tell me the overall amount thank you so much .....oh and how do i get a company like google to sponser my website do i ask the people personally or something and they send me money to me by wat airmail or post or straight to my bank acount

Comment

Ok, prices are in http://www.vodahost.com/prices.htm .As you can see the annual contract costs $95.40 and it includes a free (for the first year) domain name registration.

Google will not sponsor your (or anyone else's) site. However, if you create a nice site, and you have some good traffic, you may add Google (or other's) ads in your pages, and make some (little) money from there. You may also consider selling advertisement space (like olacing banners etc) in your pages. But it mostly depends on what kind of website you are building, the market you are pointing to , etc.
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                            X