• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion

Hi all
    I need some opinions
    I am building my BV pages.
    What I wanted to know, is it best to publish what you have and keep working on your site until you are finished or
    Is it best to complete the whole site and then publish.
    What works best for you.

Evelyn

Re: Opinion

It all depends.. if your pages are all linked and entwined where you will need to work on more than one page at a time, then offcourse you are best to finish before you publish.. but if your pages are in sections and are stand alone with ordinary links where their completion is not relient of completing other pages, then you can offcourse publish them to get them out of the way.. One thing to remember however, once you publish your pages, they might get picked by search engine robots and crawlers.. which means that if you have dead links or incomplete pages it may affect your image with search engines, but also with visitors who might see your pages.. I had some pages published months before I launched the index page.. all of my dead links and bad pages were also picked.. but I survived the ordeal.. so I guess if it's a matter of a fews days or maybe a month or two.. I don't see a harm in having your pages uploaded on the server before you finish... I'm not an advocate on the topic though, and it's also best to wait and see what the others may have to say.

Cheers.

Comment

To further what Carlos said -

It will take time for your site to be spidered and work up the ranks in the se's. So, at the very least - get your home page online as soon as possilbe - and, if not complete, at least with the basic wording you'll have on it - so that the se's can start reading it. Of course, the se's won't find it if you don't have any links back to it - so it's a 2 sided sword.

I recommend you also get a link back to it when you can.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sorry but what are the Se's
        New to all this

Evelyn

Comment

se's = search engines