Page properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page properties

Guess I'm not understanding how this whole system works. Used the wizard to create the home page. Am trying to get it to display an image as background. Press the Page Properties button at top. Select Background Image radio button, select an image I've uploaded, select Ok. Preview show no background. Go back into Page properties, no image selected. Tried selecting a different "Background" color. No difference. On line manual says nothing about these two radio buttons. Of course, if you select "Splash page", you get no template. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Ernie
    www.lightningdesign.com

Re: Page properties

Ernie

The template over rides and controls the layout in soho. You cant do a background image in page properties unless its also a splash page. I just went and checked. If you tick the splash page you can add a background. Theyve made alot of changes recently that havent been updated in the manual.

If you just want the background to display on one page, you could try and do it in the text editor, but then you would have to put everything within that box or it would revert to the template for anything else you added. Or you could do a custom include, make the page in frontpage or notepad with your background and whatever else you wanted and then upload it to that page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,
      Thanks so much for responding. I realized that it would only work if the Splash was checked. They ought to disable the two background fields if it's unchecked. May have to figure out some way to change it. Too bad the guys who write these programs can't be contacted directly. Am beginning to regret leaving BV and coming over here.
      Ernie
      Ernie
      www.lightningdesign.com

Comment

Since I just wanted to change the background color of the template I am using, I downloaded the folder and edited the index.html in Notepad. Created another folder on my website and uploaded the files back into there.
        Ernie
        www.lightningdesign.com

Comment

Ernie, Yup, thats one way to do it!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X