Using my background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using my background

My current website has pretty much branded the green background to my website and I am working on using it also on Bluevoda.

See http://woodfloorist.com/BlueBoda/index.html (note the links are affiliate links).

which is linked from my index webpage at http://www.woodfloorist.com/

Any suggestions on how to move this background to my new Bluevoda website?

I just chopped the second webpage from 88K to 17K in size which has definitely helped the load time but hurt the search engine placement for quite a number of search terms. Any suggestions for either webpage would be appreciated.

Re: Using my background

hmmm is this a wood flooring company or bluevoda? lol hard to figure out.
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

You simply need the background in a picture format - then go into page properties on BV and select the background where it gives you the option.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I'm sorry to say, I got a headache from the bad use of grammar. Please, rewrite!
        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

well actually i like the background you have now but you have way too many advertise her and ads by google on both sites theres no header way to many nav links on top, even on your hardwood site, those adverts will not help your rankings in the search engines some may think so but it doesn't. i did the same thing years ago and found out it wasn't so. so now i don't use adverts on anything like google, firefox, etc. it's pointless and takes too much unneeded space on a website. myself if i owned a hardwood flooring company i would use a header that looked like hardwood and place the company name in it, and use buttons to go to different pages to show what we offer or text link, but stay within the real meaning of the site. right now it doesn't look professional. but theres nothing on your site that even pertains to your site. maybe it isn't hardwood flooring, i don't know. but if it is as stated theres nothing on your site that pertains to it. right now it looks more like an advertisement for everything from seo to myspace etc.
          Jim
          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

First get rid of the counters........Millions of people have visited you site? Yet, your page ranking is 4 wow it must take alot to move up, huh? I did not notice the glaring grammatically errors. There are some statements that I feel it is better that you millions of readers should not know or probably in the long run, don't care. Forget your mistakes and exagerate you accomplishments if you must. Maybe you should have started teaching for the love of it, the enjoyment of helping others...if you get my drift. accentuate the postitive. Your site is coming along fine, it just needs alot of tweaking. Keep at it. change it around and surprise those millions of fans. Oh and too many click here click there whether it is color BG or choice of guest book. People expect ( my opinion) for you do decide and they will act on it if they agree or are taken to do o by YOUR decisiones. Click and go directly to the part of the site you want to see..that is what I prefer. My name is Franklin....cute but why? Are you about wood floors or hospital building,fundraising ???? boy great but some don't fit.
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

All I see is a page using spammy techniques to promote BV - didn't go to the original page after seeing that.

And do I believe you've had over 400,000 hits on a brand new page with no ranking? So, you're lying to your viewers from the get go?
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

My personal opinion....spammer from day one. Let's let this thread die out!
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by naghosthunter
                  I can see this is a tough crowd to hang out with but I have gotten some good tips.

This is a wood flooring page which covers a lot of other subjects as well.

Google has figured that out since it places #9 on Google for wood floors.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

I looked at your 3 webpages as well and I think this is an interesting comment with all the Catagories you have running down the sidebar and the "errors on page message" that comes up with that first website.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                    You simply need the background in a picture format - then go into page properties on BV and select the background where it gives you the option.
                    Thanks. That answers my question.

Franklyn

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver
                      I'm sorry to say, I got a headache from the bad use of grammar. Please, rewrite!
                      I like your website a lot. I found your use of the same link for all the content links an interesting technique even thought the anchor text changed.

I can only imagine what it would be like to have a website with only 6 pages.

I would be most grateful if you could expand on the grammar issues that gave you a headache. I'm too close to the content and I realize I look at the webpages with a subjective eye.

Give me some objective examples please.

Comment

Originally posted by choco777
                        First get rid of the counters........Millions of people have visited you site? Yet, your page ranking is 4 wow it must take alot to move up, huh? I did not notice the glaring grammatically errors. There are some statements that I feel it is better that you millions of readers should not know or probably in the long run, don't care. Forget your mistakes and exagerate you accomplishments if you must. Maybe you should have started teaching for the love of it, the enjoyment of helping others...if you get my drift. accentuate the postitive. Your site is coming along fine, it just needs alot of tweaking. Keep at it. change it around and surprise those millions of fans. Oh and too many click here click there whether it is color BG or choice of guest book. People expect ( my opinion) for you do decide and they will act on it if they agree or are taken to do o by YOUR decisiones. Click and go directly to the part of the site you want to see..that is what I prefer. My name is Franklin....cute but why? Are you about wood floors or hospital building,fundraising ???? boy great but some don't fit.
                        Thanks for pointing out that oversite. As I said in my original post I just chopped the webpage from 88K to 15K in size.

Under the counter I just added that this is the actual number of visitors I would like to see visit this website. After the fifth time my host reset the counter to zero I added numbers in front of the counter for when this occurred.

The last six numbers are the actual counter and actual number since the last time my host reset it. This webpage was started November 24th 2001.

As for why my name is Franklyn and my picture is on on a $100 bill is there it is because it is cute, because my name is actually Franklyn, and people done't forget my name very often. (Blame Dale Carnegie for that)

Also people are amazed when I personally answer the phone when they call.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady
                          My personal opinion....spammer from day one. Let's let this thread die out!
                          Interesting. Oh BTW could you give me a call about YTB since you are the person who referred me to the website? (The phone number is on my spammy website.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                            All I see is a page using spammy techniques to promote BV - didn't go to the original page after seeing that.

And do I believe you've had over 400,000 hits on a brand new page with no ranking? So, you're lying to your viewers from the get go?
                            Really?

Go tell Google this is a Brand new webpage with no ranking.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...om&btnG=Search

I did do a MAJOR overhaul on this webpage but I would hardly call it new.

Compare it with what I overhauled

http://www.woodfloorist.com/indexoriginal.html

If you know how to get over 7,000 inbound links to a new webpage please let me know.

https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.co...&fr2=seo-rd-se

Maybe Yahoo is lying too!!

You guys have been very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by naghosthunter
                              But then again maybe it's about MySpace Hexadecimal Codes.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...e+colour+chart

You are right it is confusing.

I prefer to follow Wal-marts example and offer a little of everything.

They aren't the #1 retail store in the world by accident.

Comment

Working...
                              X