Images in simple machines forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images in simple machines forum.

I have installed simple machines forum from fantastico and none of the images will show. I have tested it in IE, Mozilla Firefox and Opera and they wont work in any of those browsers. I have also tried reinstalling it three times with no difference to the images. I can post my own pictures in threads both with image code and with the image uploader but none of the smilies, images or icons on any of the pages will work. It looks very ugly with empty icons all over the place. If anyone can explain to me how I can fix it so that everything works I would appreciate it. I also tried installing phpbb instead and it had the same problem which leads me to think that it has something to do with the uploading from fantastico. If you think you may be able to help you can find the forum at http://footballfreaks.clubezy.com and you can login as admin using the username : admin1 password : 12345 ,feel free to try anything with the settings that you think might fix the problem but please change them back if the changes dont work and if they do work please post here what you did to fix it!
    Thank you.

If at first you dont succeed perhaps skydiving is not for you!
    ezywap.net

Re: Images wont work in simple machines forum.

Are your images being displayed OK on your other website pages ??
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: Images wont work in simple machines forum.

I have tried out almost every script that is in fantastico and never had a problem with any of them until this week. I have a site published with soholaunch that has screensavers and wallpapers for mobile phones and all my images and icons work perfectly there! I even made another subdomain and tested another install of the simple machines script and it did exactly the same thing as the one mentioned above!
      ezywap.net

Comment

I think I had better go and submit a support ticket to try to find a solution to this problem!
        ezywap.net

Comment

Re: Images in simple machines forum.

I have fixed the problem with a little help from Laura at support. It was just a matter of adjusting my hotlink protection settings.

The above named forum has now been deleted and moved to another url so dont click that link because it wont work anymore,ok!
          ezywap.net

Comment

Re: Images in simple machines forum.

Yup..hot link protection will do it every time.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X