Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to improve sales??

Hi, its me again,

According to Google Analytics, I have been getting quite a few hits from all over the world. However, I have only made one sale. I need to know a few things HONESTLY.

1. Is my jewelry not good enuf to be on a website?
    2. Are my prices standard? (other sites have similar prices)
    3. I have gotten links from LinkMarket and Link2Me and have lots of jewelry links on my site... Is there something I should do regarding links that I've left out?
    4. I have submitted one press release and am wondering if its a good idea to invest $ in a second release. Do they really do any good...who sees them?
    5. any other suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Thanks........Mindy www.bubbeesbeads.org

Re: how to improve sales??

Mindy, the fact that you've made one sale already is amazing as you are in probably the most competitive market online.

However, I've tried to give you advice to help your website and you haven't followed through. You need to do search engine optimization - and doing this is not just for the se's but also for your visitors. If they look at the title bar of your page - it says "home" - that doesn't tell the se's or your visitors a thing. Your page titles have to reflect what they will find on THAT specific page. For example, a possible title for your home page would be "Homemade Jewelry, Unique and Unusual, by Bubbee's Beads".

You also have a headline for the page saying "some of our on sale items" - that headline doesn't tell anyone what you are - and should be a byline - not a headline. You need a headline that says similar to the title and is again specific to the page - maybe "Unique Custom Beaded Jewelry"

Then you could have your sale items on the page also - but tell what you sell first.

Believe it or not, people don't buy based on price first - especially with your type of product. So, if you are in the right price range, that shouldn't be an issue.

You need to get rid of all the underlining of text (3rd time I'm suggesting this) as underlining on line represents a link - and yours are not links.

I also suggest you get rid of all the caps - that is considered shouting and rude.

Your links page needs to be organized and categorized. And my question to you is - you've added these people - but how many have added your to their links pages? You need links BACK to your site.

As to the press release - that's up to you - but don't do one if you don't have anything unique or new to put in one - otherwise it won't get picked up. The major reason for doing the press releases (and I do the free ones) is to get it picked up where it gives you more one-way links back to your store.

I do suggest that you have an opportunity to get into a market by means of your Yiddish background - that could be very lucrative for you.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,

I am so sorry that you say you've told me some of these things before. I honestly don't remember and it seems as if this is the first time you've given me this advice. I will try to follow thru on each and every item you have suggested and I thank you so much for your time and trouble. This forum is a wondrous place. Thx again, Mindy

Comment

Midy-

Have you seen the many posts to your previous thread?
        (It's often helpful to find and review them rather than simply start a new one!)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Mindy,
          I just want you to have the best - and don't mean to be rude - I just do give the facts and only the facts sometimes.

One suggestion also - I wouldn't say that you use beads from Wal-mart - you can say from local craft stores instead maybe.

And if you need help - please ask - I might be cryptic, but I will help you all I can.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X