Racefan 'quote'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racefan 'quote'

Lastly, if you value your pc and the things you have on it one little bit, get rid of AOL. They sell you nothing but junk, and they package it as though they are protecting you from problems, when they themselves cause you more problems than most spyware or adware can cause.

This has gotten me very curious. I happened to trip over this while looking for other advice.

Now I have AOL and have had nothing but trouble with it. I was offered 'free' mcafee and spyware protection because I was a member, so like a dummy used it! I had been using all that for about a year or so and just barely with the wonderful help from a fellow VH member got my computer clean! I was frozen, crashing you name it the puter was doing it!
    After deleting the 'free' virus and spyware protection offered from AOL and loading Avast and zone alarm..of course after a major house cleaning with other wonderful applications, Ive been running like a new puter!...
    While the AOL 'free' products were finding no problems, others said and cleaned out dozens of issues! Bad AOL Bad AOL....

Funny I found this quote Race! Good one!...

Re: Racefan 'quote'

Well, it's most likely not the mcafee (which I have on my puters) or spyware protection as much as it's simply all the junk that aol puts on your computer that you aren't even aware of. AOL clogs up computers something terrible - slows them down - causes many problems that are solved simply by removing AOL from the computer.

If you're still using AOL, I suggest you completely remove them from your computer and get another way to connect.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thats a very good point Beth. I did neglect to say that Mcafee isnt the problem at all!
      I began issues when AOL offered me the 'free' virus and spyware...and after deleting AOL's offer, Ive been fine...I do wish I could use something else beside AOL, but thats what it is for now! Ive always hated it and Im now closer to lothe!...lol...
      I personally didnt choose to use it, and wouldnt, thats just all there is here...so someday when I have my own line I can be able to choose what I want!...ah the dreams!

Comment

Kate, I used Earthlink in your neck of the world - still causes problems, but not as many as AOL. And someone I know there just switched to netzero. Just cuz you're on dial-up doesn't mean you don't have options. I'd check them out.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks Beth for helping, but its not that I'm unaware of which to go with, its that I don't have the choice in this house. Its not up to me of what to use.
          Ive used earthlink and the only thing I didn't like was being forced to use sprint. and as that may have changed now, then I didn't like that.
          I had been for two years using verizon dsl and loved it!
          I even used bluemoo.net!..lol..local and not too bad...small, but nice..lol
          Up here in the kingdom most use POWERSHIFT and of course there is satellite via directTV... but again I have no say in what to have for a connection.

Comment

Working...
          X