SE not finding site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE not finding site

Hello.Search engines are not finding my site. In (index) Page Properties meta tags I have entered clanwars,clanwars.ca

I did the same in page description just in case this would help.

Any ideas.
    Thanks
    ABC Gardiner
    ABC Gardiner

Re: SE not finding site

What is your site - and no, those won't help you - could hurt you -
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth

Sorry about that its
      http://www.clanwars.ca/
      Thanks
      ABC
      ABC Gardiner

Comment

First, your titles need changing to something meaninful, index-5 does not mean anything.
        Second you need to give each page a description.....go into page properties( click an empty part of your page) and fill out some details.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

1) Have you submitted it to the search engines yet?

2) Your site is two pages with two pics and a dozens words
          with buttons that dont work, I am not trying to be rude, but
          I would not expect the SE's to index you soon if at all.

Try adding some content about your products, at least 500 words per page.
          Search engine spiders want content, the more content the better.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks David and VH.
            I will look around and try to submit to the search engines.
            My only button that works is General because I haven't built the rest yet.
            I was afraid of spending alot of time building a web site that I might not be able to get online properly.
            Your help is eliminating that fear.
            Thanks everyone
            ABC
            ABC Gardiner

Comment

and the words seem to be in the pictures - so no matter how much site optimization you do - even if the se's find your site, they won't be sending traffic to it. There is absolutely nothing for them to know what you are or what you do.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

I was thinking that a SE would find the registered address (.com.ca.biz etc.)
                If you search clanwars then clanwars.cc shows up.
                Followed by clanwars.co.za
                What I will do next is reduce the size of photo and put in a banner.
                http://www.clanwars.ca/
                Thanks Beth
                ABC Gardiner
                ABC Gardiner

Comment

A banner is still a picture -you need TEXT - you need words about what you are. And the se's will only find you if there are links to your site somewhere for them to spider to find you. Then, they will only show your site in searches if they find anything worthwhile in it to display to those who query.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

As Bethers says, you need text on your page not in pictures so that the search engines can crawl your website correctly. Images are seen as images and as such are mostly ignored by the search engines.

For your site to move up the ranks and get indexed properly you also need to make sure you use good keywods which explain what you do and have a good keyword density on your page. By this i mean you have to include the your keywords within your page content but be careful though as too many keywords in you web page can be seen as spamming by the search engines and your site will have the opposite effect you want it to have and move down in the ranks and too little will not have the effect required.

It also takes time for the search engines to index your page correctly and as you have no text on your index page i personally can't see that one being indexed at all. Your general page has only a few lines of text and contains your keyword only once. The keyword 'clanwars' comes up with 992,000 results. Not being rude but the way you have your site set up at the momenti can't see your site getting anywhere near the top 100.

Add more text and descriptions of what you do this way you will get indexed properly and add better keywords into your meta tags and then add them into your page itself. Build for your customer not for yourself.

HTH
                    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Thanks Beth, Mook and all voda posters.
                      I'm going to start my improvements right away.
                      You folks have taken me from completely lost to only extremely lost.
                      ABC Gardiner
                      ABC Gardiner

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I am a complete novice and am keen to get my site up and running. The site - at www.prince-bandar.com appears to be up and running, but I can't find it on any search engine, although on checking site:www.prince-bandar.com on Google it says that the index page is there.

Can I ask someone to check out my site and tell me how to improve its visibility - please!

Many thanks

Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,
                          First - don't steal someone else's thread for your own review. Since this is an old thread, I'll go ahead and answer here.

Next, if you read around the se threads, you'll find a wealth of information on what you just asked.

You have a new site - and there are probably millions of sites out there wanting to be found for the same terms. Is your site more worthy to be on the first pages of the se's than the ones that are there? If it truly is, it will get there. But it won't necessarily happen overnight.

You have a good start - let me suggest you read my beginner's ebook on optimizing - SEO - The Basics

You are already doing much of this, but you need to tweak. You need to do keyword research. Your page titles that just say Prince - will be way too little information - as he's not the only prince. Etc etc

Have you got links back to your site anywhere? Have you got any press releases written and submitted? You can't just build the website and sit back and millions will come. It now takes marketing your website - online and off. But, having it optimized for your visitors is first - and optimizing for your visitors will mean doing research - and that also will get it optimized properly for se's.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Bethers - I have a lot to learn!

Bill

Comment

Working...
                            X