The Extravaganza Craft News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Extravaganza Craft News

I have a new website at www.extravaganzacrafts.com. I am hoping to get many opinions about it. I would like to hear if all the links work, if the pages load quickly and ideas about the design. If you have suggestions that will help me get more hits those would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Shasta McLaughlin
    The Extravaganza Craft Productions
    Shasta McLaughlin
    www.extravaganzacrafts.com
    http://extravaganzacrafts.com/Blogs

Re: The Extravaganza Craft News

Hi Shasta. Had a little difficulty with most of navigation ( unless those pages ane not available).

Most of nav. buttons sent me to the bottom of your home page.
    If I clicked on the word(navigation) I didn't go anywhere.
    Privacy policy does work.
    ABC Gardiner

Comment

Hi Shasta,
      Very good effort thus far.Just a couple of suggestions,firstly,how about describing who you are and what you are about so that people can get to know you,make this the first thing on your homepage,Give your pages some sort of matching theme as much as possible,make pages light and airy and text easy to read.All the best in your venture,keep up the good work.
      regards
      Jay
      Jay
      www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

A Gardiner what web browser are you using? What specific pages did this? Could you try again right now and see if maybe it was something I was working on correcting?

Thanks,

Shasta
        Shasta McLaughlin

Comment

Jay,

Thanks, I have had it suggested that I do an about us page. I may like your idea of putting it first on my home page, hmm, I will have to think about that.

Thanks again for looking,

Shasta
          Shasta McLaughlin

Comment

took a look at your page is this a soholaunch that is offered by BlueVoda? reason why i am asking i did a view source and it shows nothing about your site being built by BlueVoda Website Builder but did notice it had soholaunch.
            "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Shasta: I think you have an excellent start. I to noticed you used soho and assuming you used vodahost, but not so sure since you are recommending other webbuilders and hosting companies in your pages. So was curious about those two things. Also, I'm just not real sure what your site is trying to convey? I see alot of webrings on the home page, I did finally find your pdf file on your newsletter page (I would move that down below your nav bar) as well as on your resource pages. Webbuilding and hosting or crafts? Just trying to figure out exactly what the purpose of the site is. I do like your header and the nav buttons on the side. Not sure you need the horizontal nav bar to.
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks Everyone,

Yes my version of Soholaunch came from Blue Voda and my entire site is hosted by Vodahost web hosting.

The main focus of my page is actually my arts and crafts, although I think that most crafters need to come into the computer age. I feel this will be a big business builder for them.

I do need to find more arts and crafts content and get it added to my pages! Lot's of long search hours ahead, smile. The crafts business is still so much word of mouth and it seems reluctant to change.

Unfortunately using soholaunch to build the site I can't move some things around or change them (that I know of). One of those things is the nav bar across the bottom of the page. It is automatically generated by soholaunch as the menu is generated. If anyone knows how to change that I'ld love to know. I also can't put any content under the menu on the left hand side of the site and that discourages me.

If you can help with any of these issues it would be very appreciated.

Thanks again for looking,

Shasta
                Shasta McLaughlin

Comment

Shasta: Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with soho, but I'm sure someone will be along that is. I was wondering why you choose soho for this particular site? I have a friend who is looking at Soho, but not sure that is what she should use. I'm trying to get her to just use the blue voda webbuilder instead. Anyway...I love the idea about getting crafts to the internet. That is such a big industry that I do think you have a great idea and yes alot of work ahead of you probably as well. But like I said, I think you have a great start!
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Your links work but it did take a while to figure out what the page was about. Perhaps an introduction below the header would be appropriate.
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                    X