Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I cant figure out to set this form up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I cant figure out to set this form up.

This is my second site Ive built with BlueVoda. however i cannot figure out how to make this form work, Ive followed the tutorial. I dont know if it's because the email address I entered as a "mailto:" is a diferent domain name as the site or what. Please help the url is http://notaryonwheelsaz.com/test.html

Re: Help! I cant figure out to set this form up.

Please read carefully AGAIN BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1 . You will see that UNDER the multimedia presentation there is a whole text saying that the MAILTO method will, in most cases, fail, and that you need a php script to process your form. In the same thread you will find both the necessary instructions and the relevant script that you need to use for a simple solution. A more complete solution would be to install Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok thanks I'm going to try that out tonight, when I get home.

Comment

hey, i need help with my websitehttp://www.dylawyer.com can you give me a feed back and tell me waht it is missing

Comment

If you mean your contact page, then you need to publish contact.bvp
          or its posible that the link has been mis-spelled.................
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I have set up a feed back file that works great.

It has been tested and the feed back comee through to me ain my inbox - so far so good.

Where I would like to improve this, is that I would like the email of the person sending the feed back to be veiwed and not just come through blank.

Secondly I have a membership form that is also submitted and when the info arrives it shows that it is also coming as FEED_BACK.

Can someone help?

Regards
            Rob
            Kind Regards
            Rob
            www.gnjgf.co.za
            www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

If you are using the standard form script provided in the form tutorial, probably your email field is named something else than "email". It needs to be named "email" all lowercase, to show up as the senders email address.
              As for the newsletter form, does it make use of the same script ?
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hey i really need help this time

apparently my email is never going to work i have been doinng ecerything is there in the tutorial but apparently i am missing a bbig step my wesite ishttp://www.dylaawyer.com the contact page just does not work please i need help i have the scrip and i have watch the tutorials plenty of time have the action page, but my question become where exacty do i publish the action be very explicit iam a little idiot , where i get complicatec, thank so much

Comment

hmm..where to start.

1st: <FORM name=" davar form" method="POST" action="" enctype="multipart/form-data">

Your form needs to have action pointing to your php script. Where you put your multipart setup.. under action => php script

=> mouse pointer on form / right click / properties / action => php script name
                  = I can help with the look of the form if you want me too.

Back to php script. I am not seeing your code for php script..

If you use the php script from Bluevoda then you will get the email working.
                  Thanks,
                  Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
                  mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Comment

The script goes in the inside body of your thankyou page. However, your problem for now, is something else: you have left the "action" field" of your form blank. So the form doesn't submit the info anywhere. First edit your form, save and republish, then we can see if there are any other problems.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by econstas
                      hmm..where to start.

1st: <FORM name=" davar form" method="POST" action="" enctype="multipart/form-data">

Your form needs to have action pointing to your php script. Where you put your multipart setup.. under action => php script

=> mouse pointer on form / right click / properties / action => php script name
                      = I can help with the look of the form if you want me too.

Back to php script. I am not seeing your code for php script..

If you use the php script from Bluevoda then you will get the email working.

hey hi , thanks for your reply i have my code in the thanks you page i can not publish the action . it says something about to publish in the same directory what that s mean thank

Comment

The script that processes the form info, according to the tutorial, must be pasted in the "Inside Body" of the thankyou page. If this thankyou page is called, f.e. "thankyou.php", the form action should also be "thankyou.php.

Publish in the same directory: i beleive that is quite obvious: your site may have many folders. If you are only using your "public_html" folder, ignore the above. If you are publishing the form page in any other folder rather than this, then you also need to publish the "thankyou" page, which contains the script, in that same folder.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Re: Help! I cant figure out to set this form up.it is me again help

where here is the dummest question ever. how do i publish my action page as a separete link or with the same link
                          f.e
                          www.dylawyer.com/contact.html
                          and then www.dylawyer.com/action.html

or how
                          exactly because or i get is to publish in the same dicrectory but i dont know how
                          please help thhis is embarrasing. thank please be specific , and if you can provide examplen
                          www.dylawyer.com

Publish in the same directory: i beleive that is quite obvious: your site may have many folders. If you are only using your "public_html" folder, ignore the above. If you are publishing the form page in any other folder rather than this, then you also need to publish the "thankyou" page, which contains the script, in that same folder.[/quote]

Comment

If you are using the "BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1" instructions, your php script must be pasted in "Thankyou" page, in the "Inside Body Tag of the page html. Then, set, in page properties, the page extension to be .php and Save the page as "action" . Publish it. It will be published as "action.php". That's all.

If you still can't set it up, we provide a form / script setup service which includes the form processing script installation on your site, and setting up one form that you have already built yourself. Have a look here
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X