Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent Image

Hi

Please how do i make my images(Pictures) to be transparent.I have not seen that feature in blue Voda.I need to make my picture to blend with my background.

Thanks

Dorispearl

Re: Transparent Image

This is not a BV feature (or bug). This is done in a picture editing program and the image is then saved as PNG or Transparent gif. Since BV doesn't support PNG images. So your only solution is to crop your image, then you save it as transparent gif. Corelpaint has also another fast feature: you select to save the image as transparent gif, then you simply select the color picker tool and click on the image border (if it solid one color) and it makes it transparent.

Anyway: you crop the image, you save it as transparent gif, then you import it in BV
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You can get a free image program called Paint.net at http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Here is a quick run thru of how to make backgrounds transparent in this program.

Open your image. Go to the Magic Wand in the left colum(with all the tools) of PAINT.NET--Click the wand in the area of the background you want to change. (If the background is choppy, hold the SHIFT key down and click again, it will fill the entire area with a shadowy type gray, letting you know it's been selected). Press Delete. Your background will become gray checks., this is OK. This means your background is now transparent, it will now "float" on your page correctly. You can also color you background instead. Go to the Paint Can in the same left column. Select your color, and repeat the procedure. Click on the background, press the mouse and Voila, Instant Color.

Ok, now this is VERY IMPORTANT when you're finished save the new image as a GIF not a jpg.

Joanie
      Personalization Gift Shop

Comment

I've also simply made the background in many images the color of the background on my site - easy to do and less work than some other ways.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers:

But if your grafic design ( logo, etc.) is on a clear or transparent background it can split color borders or be used on various backgrounds.

Tiki Girl:

Thanks for the info, eather it wasn't available on the first versions of paint.net or I wasn't smart enough to figure it out.

Comment

Yes, I realize that - it depends on where you're using it. But since png isn't supported and I've never found that gif transparencies have worked well on websites for me - if I have a solid background, I've done better making changing the background color.

This doesn't mean that in my own photoshop program I don't use transaparent images - for sure I do.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi

Here is an on-line image editor ...

You must first have your image saved as a .gif as stated previously in this post ... you can do this simply by opening your image with your own computers photo software an select save as .gif .... then take this .gif image up to this on-line image editor, upload it and you can remove the background from your image and it will become transparent ....

A handy place, I visit frequently .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok...i have discovered an over use of the word "simply" on BV forums..

I hereby declare the word "simply", and "easily" banned from print

:)
                http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

I was hoping that the transparent backgrounds would load faster. I have
                  several gif images on my site and am thinking the colored backgrounds add to the overall size and load time. Can anyone tell me if my theory is correct? I would hate to do all that work for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
                    I was hoping that the transparent backgrounds would load faster. I have
                    several gif images on my site and am thinking the colored backgrounds add to the overall size and load time. Can anyone tell me if my theory is correct? I would hate to do all that work for nothing.

I don't believe so CP .. if you have too many on a page is what would slow you down ... or if the image itself is rather large, nice to keep a .gif image around the 15 - 20 kbs size .. if you can ... but I do not believe a background on an image is adding anything major to the file size ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X