Cross platform program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross platform program

I would like to be able to create my webpages in BlueVoda but save them and upload to soho (or any other industry standard program). The .bvp extension eliminates all ability to use pages created in BlueVoda in other programs which means it either has to be the best (& become the industry standard) or eventually it will be eliminated. While it's one of three programs I've used (BlueVoda, Macromedia Dreamweaver-too hard for beginners, Soho-pretty restricting in how pages come together), I think it's pretty good and would like to see it around for a while.

Shasta
    Shasta McLaughlin
    The Extravaganza Craft Productions
    www.extravaganzacrafts.com
    http://extravaganzacrafts.com/Blogs

Re: Cross platform program

Not exactly, the .bvp becomes .html when published. In order for BV to have its unique drag and drop capabilites which are in many opinions the best in the
    world at this current point and time, we had to invent ou own extension "".bvp".

No other program including Microsoft FrontPage or Dreamweaver offer you
    drag and drop like BlueVoda does.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

So now I'm wondering if there is a way/place to publish my pages so that I can then upload them direct to soholaunch or some other program. I definitely like the look and feel of the index page I created in BV and not so much the one I created in soho but did decide I needed the other functions soho had. How do I make it so I can use both?

Thanks for providing a truly user friendly program.

Shasta
      Shasta McLaughlin

Comment

[QUOTE=VodaHost]Not exactly, the .bvp becomes .html when published....QUOTE]

File>SaveAs>change file Type to:"All Files">name your page with ".html" at the end>hit OK

html pages without publishing. =)
        Robert
        www.GraphXntrix.com
        Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Thank you Robert,

That helped unfortunately I was unable to use the page in Soho still. There is so much to learn about all of this. I just learn a very little thing each day.

Thank you,

Shasta
          Shasta McLaughlin

Comment

Shasta -
            They are 2 separate programs - you could use BV and then attach Soho for the back end (I've been told) - but I don't know how to do what you're asking. I also prefer BV - and I build my stores in BV.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Shasta

If you are wanting to create your own template for soho, it can be done, but not in bv. You have to download several files, or a template folder, and then import it as a site, which, is the easiest way to avoid making changes here and changes there, to dreamweaver or front page. Soho isnt in html extensions anyway, its .php. Yes there are html pages there, but they are text versions of your pages for SE crawling, and you cant create a template with them per se.

You're asking BV to run across platforms, and that almost doesnt happen with any software totally.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X