Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to force to a new page after completing form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to force to a new page after completing form?

I have a simple "contact us" type of form on a page, and it works fine. Upon users clicking on the "Send Form" button in the form, I would like them to be redirected to a specific page.

How do I do that?

Thanks,

Adrian
    Adrian
    A-B Technology Group

Re: How to force to a new page after completing form?

On the php script- try putting the line in blue as shown below;

mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
    header("Location: http://www.yourdomain.com/thankyou_page.html");
    ?>

Simply replace the thankyou_page with what ever page you want them
    to be directed to.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thats great - thanks; I'll try it tomorrow,

Adrian
      Adrian
      A-B Technology Group

Comment

I did try it but got the following error message preceeding the original contact_us page:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tiuxcygp/public_html/mskeducation/contact_us.php:7) in /home/tiuxcygp/public_html/mskeducation/contact_us.php on line 40

And here's what I did:

}
        }
        mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
        header("Location: http://www.abtechnologygroup.com/mskeducation/contact_us_thankyou.html");
        ?>

I also tried taking out the one space between "location:" and http://www
        but the same result.

Any ideas??
        Adrian
        A-B Technology Group

Comment

This is because you have the php script already in your form page. The page sends the info to itself, the script (when the page is reloaded) sends you the email, but the visitor finds himself in the same page.
          Solution:
          1. Open your contact_us page in BV. Delete the script, from wherever in the page you have placed it. Double click on the form, and change it's action to "contact_us_thankyou.php" Go to page properties, and set the page extension in "html" . Save the page and publish it.
          2. Open the "contact_us_thankyou" page. Click on View, Page HTML. Click on "Inside Body". Paste the script in the lower window, without the line that Andy has suggested. Click ok. Go in page Properties, and set the page extension to be "php". Save and publish
          3. Last step: change the contact form link in your menu bars, in http://www.abtechnologygroup.com/msk...ontact_us.html

If you want to avoid the changes in your menubars, which also means opening, editing and republishing ALL your pages, you can do the following:

In step 1, follow the rest of the instruction, but instead of setting the page extension to be "html" leave it as "php". The page will still be published as php, so you will not need to change your menubars, but is is by all means equivalent to a html page because there will be no php code in it.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for both your replies; that last suggestion worked so I'll stick with that one.

Appreciate the feedback, and everyday I use BV the more I love it!!!

Adrian
            Adrian
            A-B Technology Group

Comment

Hello

I see that adrianbrookes had the same problem as I do now.... for my website www.keeptrackconcierge.com I've tried to follow the steps that you gave. I am actually able to bring up the thank you page, but now I do not receive any emails when the form is sent.

If possible can you please assist me in this matter

Nicole
              Regards,

Nicole Delamore

Comment

Yes we can help. Please copy and then paste the php code that you used to process the form and here in this thread. That way we can see what is up.

Cheers,

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi

Thank you for responding to my query.

Fortunately I was able to get the problem fixed and now the website, the thank you page and e-mail are working brilliantly.

This is my first website I've built and at times it can get frustrating, so it is good to know there are experts to lend a helping hand.
                  Regards,

Nicole Delamore

Comment

Working...
                  X