X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google displaying incorrect contents

Hi!

I'm new to BV and need some advises.

I hv submitted my URL to Google. My webpage was indexed but it shows some contents that were not so relevants, pls see below

Index
    Note: All information on BabyandPapa.com are for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses and treatment, please consult your doctor ...
    www.babyandpapa.com/ - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

(1) How to change the "Index" to my website name? (i.e. www.BabyandPapa.com)

(2) How come it shows those note/ texts that were listed at the end of my page?
    How to change it to display the texts i want to show?

Thank you! Have a nice day!

Regards,
    Eric
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
    A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Re: Google displaying incorrect contents

You don't have any control over what Google picks to show from your page. But, the longer you're around and the more relevant the items on the page are to what people are searching for, usually the better they pick.

For a new site, they are most likely picking up the first text they are reading on the page. You say, how can that be, that's at the bottom of the page. The spiders do not read the page the way you or I do. They start at the top left and work down kind of like in columns. Since you have your navigation, then ads, the first text they see is that snippet.

They will re-adjust what they show over time.

As a new site, don't be upset about what they show - be glad they are spidering you and make sure you have a site that they will want to continue to spider.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Google displaying incorrect contents

Dear Bethers,

Thank you very much for the info & encouragement! Have a nice day!

Cheers,
      Eric
      Cheers,
      Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
      A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Comment

Working...
      X