Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to I get my publisher back to my main site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to I get my publisher back to my main site?

Hi,

I added on a domain and received help changing my publisher button in BV to upload to it.

I want to work on my main site now and need help in setting my publisher back to my main site.

What is the procedure?

Thanks
    Shaun
    Shaun McClelland
    Netmarketers Helping Hand

Premium Leads Extravaganzer

Re: How to I get my publisher back to my main site?

Are you saying you have 2 accounts with 2 different ip's? If that's the case, simply change the ip address when you're ready to publish the first site again. If you have an add-on domain, then nothing changes except the path for publishinig.

I think you need to be more specific?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth,

I have one Ip with 2 different websites. Main site is www.homebizdirectory.ws that I am revamping. I have completed my other website using my publishing BV button and the folder name their is public_html/maccat when I push the publish button. The folder for homebizdirectory files is in the public_html in my control panel.

How do I get my publisher button to publish to my public_html folder only? Hope this is clearer.
      Shaun
      Shaun McClelland
      Netmarketers Helping Hand

Premium Leads Extravaganzer

Comment

You are not understanding how the accounts are set up to accomodate more than one domain.....

Example:
        A. You have one account, with a Primary domain name First.com, which is usually published via BV to the public_html/ directory.

B. You have another "SecondSite.com" domain, that you want hosted also at your VH account, and therefore you must configure it as an "Add-On" domain in the cPanel. (See tutorials if need be, on how to do this, and if this domain is not transferred to VodaHost, you must also go back to the provider it is at and make the DNS changes to "point" to your account)

C. Once the domain has properly been added to your account as an Add-On, then you can properly create in BV a website (with it's own index page) and publish it, specifying in the BV Publish Dialog box the same server, User, and Password, but adding public_html/secondsite which will then publish to it's own "sub-directory" which has it's own public_html/ directory within that folder......

You need to follow this formatting to publish, as BV makes it simple to identify the proper server for the main account, and the proper sub-directory within that account.
        If you publish to your main account without following the above protocol, you will publish 2 index pages to the primary public_html directory and a conflict will arise and you will not see any index page presented whatsoever -- for either website.

I hope that clears up any confusion.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X