Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms Tutorial Part 1 Q & A

To the Administrator.
    I read all theInstructions above and I have two questions.
    1. when I write in the filed Action: contact php and all the Instructions after, this is actually php script for from?
    2.If I have form with 60 fields,I do exactly the same thing or maybe this code fit only to small form with few fields.
    Thanks.
    Ilanit

Re: BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1

Not an administrator, but I'll give this one a wack....

1. Yes- contact.php is php script that will collect the data from the form and send it to your e-mail.

2. Yes- this script is designed to collect all fields and send that data to your e-mail.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

To Andy.
      Thank you very much for your answer.
      Ilanit

Comment

Thank you both for the replies! I have only 2 more questions...
        In the script can I change the english field: $name, $address etc. for $naam, $adres? This is Dutch and since the website is initially in dutch that would suit the buttons better. the other thing is if I name the formfield button something different than submit does it work as well or do I need to change that as well?

thanks again for all the patience.....
        Fabbers

Comment

Implementing an Autoresponder in your Form script.

The above described script can be modified to implement a simple autoresponder, that will send your visitor a copy of the email that you will be receiving: this is done by adding some lines of code. See how this modified script could be:

<?PHP
          $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
          $mailto = "order@example.com";
          $mailsubj = "
          Enter Your Subject Here";
          $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
          reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
          $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
          while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
          {
          if ($key!="submit")
          {
          $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
          }
          }
          mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

// Autoresponder
          $mailto = $email;
          $mailsubj = "
          Copy of the info you Sumbitted";
          $mailhead = "
          From: your company name or domain name or your email or whatever you want\n";
          reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
          $mailbody = "Thankyou for your Submission. This is the info you have submitted:\n";
          while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
          {
          if ($key!="submit")
          {
          $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
          }
          }
          mailbody . = "This is an automatically created message. If an answer is required, we will be back to you ASAP.\n";

mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
          ?>

As usual, change the part in blue with your own values.

Please note that the autoresponder will only work if the visitor's email field is named "email"

Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by fabbers
            Thank you both for the replies! I have only 2 more questions...
            In the script can I change the english field: $name, $address etc. for $naam, $adres? This is Dutch and since the website is initially in dutch that would suit the buttons better. the other thing is if I name the formfield button something different than submit does it work as well or do I need to change that as well?

thanks again for all the patience.....
            Fabbers
            Yes you can. the only field you need to leave as it is, is the email field. Please also make sure to name your Submit button "submit", all lowercase letters. The value, which is what will appear on the button, can be anything
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks a million Navaldesign!
              I am going to try all over again!
              Could you please be so kind to help me on these last topics? I would be really greatful!
              1.What would be the scriptline for a telephonenumber field?
              2.If you past the html block into your page and paste the script into that would webvisitors see that html block or can you arrange it to the back so it is out of view?

Thank you again for all the trouble of helping me out!

Fabbers

Comment

1. This script is a generic one, based on a loop. It does not look for the filed titles, nor the values. So you can simply add a Field for the telephone number in your form, and the script will automatically include in the email, both the field title (that could be named, f.e. "Telephone_Number" and the value filled in by the visitor. The same goes FOR ANY OTHER FIELD you may wish to add in your form. You can have AS MANY FIELDS AS YOU WANT.
                2. No, visitors cannot see the HTML block. They can only see what the effect of the code pasted is (if any). In this case, being it a php script with no html visual part or echo / print commands, the script will produce absolutely none visual effect.

However, pasting the script in a HTML block (or box) has excactly the same result as pasting it directly in the page HTML (in the inside body Tag, as suggested in the tutorial) but it also adds some useless HTML Tags
                Navaldesign

Comment

AHHHHHHHHHHH,

What I can say guys,tank you thank you thank you, I'vewaitig for ths for so long, tat's really helping people who are nw in coding and scripts, I've tryed it and it works 1000000000000 per cent.

Thank yo again.

Before I leave I have a question to Navaldesign

1 - The script you added for the autoresponder should I past it in he inside body tag with the first one?
                  2 - ist does matter how many space I leave between the first script and the second?

Thanks
                  The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer

1 - The script you added for the autoresponder should I past it in he inside body tag with the first one?

You should better delete completely the one you have, and paste the new one, putting your own details in it, then pasting it in the Inside Body Tag of your action page HTML.

2 - ist does matter how many space I leave between the first script and the second?
                    Doesn't matter. The server simply ignores blank lines.

Thanks
                    Hope this helps
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign,

You guys are the best.
                      The Producer

Comment

But still another question:

in my form there is two e-mail field, one is for personal e-mail and the second is for the company e-mail, so is the script detect e-mails directly and send it to them or I have to change something in the script to read the different field names, cause I named them differently than just e-mail.

Thanks
                        The Producer

Comment

The main one, which will also be used for the autoresponder to send the mail to, must be called "email". This will also result in the "From" field of the email that you will receive. You can name the second email field whatever you want: "Second_email", "Home_email" etc.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you so much navaldesign
                            The Producer

Comment

You are very welcome
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X