Questions about Soholaunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Soholaunch

Hi. I currently have a working ecommerce site through Yahoo, using the free Paypal cart. I'm planning to switch to VodaHost - already have my account but haven't switched yet. I'm still trying to decide on a shopping cart. I spent a good week or so with CubeCart, but it's a bit too advanced for me. I have some questions about SohoLaunch before I decide to put in the time to try to get it working.

1. Is there a way to set up my store in Soholaunch and still keep my current store running - not switching to Soho until I get everything working? (I previously downloaded Soholaunch, but couldn't access it because I'm still with Yahoo. Is there a way around this?)

2. Is Soho php - are the pages dynamic?

3. I didn't see anything about gift certificates or coupons - does Soho support these?

I probably have more questions - but that's good for now : )

Thanks.

Jennifer
    www.chimneybird.com

Re: Questions about Soholaunch

1. Yes. Install Soho into a directory of it's own (part of the install process: it asks you to name a directory, and you simply create a new one. If you don't it will install into the public_html/ directory and override any other "index" page
    2. Yes. And they also ghost html pages for SEO!
    3. Yes, created in "payment methods"....this is actually an option of the payment gateway/processor chosen.....as far as offering them for sale, you must enter it as a Static item (stock, physical) or use a script (which in Soho is not as easy as OsC or Cube, even though Soho supports downloads.)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Jennifer,

Soho has an add on module for Discounts if thats what you mean, so that you can give out a coupon or for instance a 10% discount to your customers or preferred customers.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Jennifer,

You asked this same thing about two weeks ago. Soholaunch must have a domain for you to access it.

See this thread where our beloved ***** Has already given you the answer!

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/soh...nt-access.html

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the help so far. Yes, I did ask about this a few weeks ago and it sounded like I wouldn't be able to do anything without closing up my Yahoo store. But according to Vasili, it does sound possible.

So I uninstalled Soho from my root directory and tried to reinstall, but I don't seem to have an option to put it in another directory. The dropdown box just gives the option of installing to chimneybird.com - my root directory. If I continue from that point, it says "You chose to install on the main directory . . ." Where is the option to put it into another directory?

Comment

Jennifer,

Vasilli is mistaken. In order to install it, and use it, you must install it in the main domain or an addon domain. If you dont want to take your current store down, you will need to buy a new domain name, and add an addon domain, and then install soho. Your new store will be under this domain. Now it may be possible to MOVE it afterwards, but I am not positive about that either. What you can do is download the csv/excel file from your current store, repoint the domain to voda, and install soho, and then IMPORT that feed to soho so that all of your products are there, and then build your entry pages and tune up your cart, and maybe rearrange some categories, but you cannot use soho without a DOMAIN.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for all your help - I'm going to have to think about this . . .

Comment

Working...
              X