Urgent help required please with Password Protecting site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help required please with Password Protecting site

I am making a website that will require members to pay to be able to access a portion of the website. If anyone can advise me if this can be achieved through BV, or if someone wants to quote me to do this part for me please let me know ASAP.
    Ramsey
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Urgent help required please with Password Protecting site

Is it a one time cost, a recurring monthly subscription or both?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
      Is it a one time cost, a recurring monthly subscription or both?
      It will be a yearly subscription
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Place all your files that you wish to password protect in a directory ... you can then password protect this directory .... have the users sign up, pay via paypal ... and send them the passcode ... I am not sure if this would prevent them from sharing the passcode though ..... but you can password a directory in blue voda .... there are threads here to give you the steps .... and there is also a tutorial ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
            Place all your files that you wish to password protect in a directory ... you can then password protect this directory .... have the users sign up, pay via paypal ... and send them the passcode ... I am not sure if this would prevent them from sharing the passcode though ..... but you can password a directory in blue voda .... there are threads here to give you the steps .... and there is also a tutorial ...
            Thank you so much. I don't suppose you know where the threads or tutorials are for this subject do you??? Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky
              Thank you so much. I don't suppose you know where the threads or tutorials are for this subject do you??? Sorry!
              Here is a good post from Naval and actually in this section, scroll down a little further and you will find plenty, you will just need to decide if you want to password your public_html (then no one will see it) or if you want to make another directory (call it password directory or something) and then password protect that ... ...

Here is Navals post .... and like I say there are more right in this section of the forum .... you'll be able to do it, I did it, but it's been a while ... better to follow these instructions

Yes. go in CP, Password protected drectories, and set the public_html directory as protected. Create at least one user and one password, and let your friends and family know username and password. Of course, this will provoke your site to get invisible to other visitors. Consider moving to another protected folder, instead of public_html, just the pages you want to keep private.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

sorry, they may not be in this section, I'll be right back with the section, lol ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you x

Comment

yw

here is one ... lol ...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/cpa...ssword+protect

and there are further threads in that section .... in fact if you go to search in the header at the top of the forum and type in password protect it will take you to all the threads, but this one will explain it for you and the tutorial is also there .....

just need to figure out about the password now so that people don't share it with everyone ..... hmmmm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                      yw

here is one ... lol ...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/cpa...ssword+protect

and there are further threads in that section .... in fact if you go to search in the header at the top of the forum and type in password protect it will take you to all the threads, but this one will explain it for you and the tutorial is also there .....

just need to figure out about the password now so that people don't share it with everyone ..... hmmmm
                      Thank you for your help. Much appreciated x

Comment

Working...
                      X