• Background

cherokeeon12thave.com
    id#7696

How does one place a photo in the background of a page. I have it toned
    down through Photoshop and it shows on my workup page but when I publish,
    nothing. Any help will be appreciated.
    Louis

Re: Background

Are you entering it as the background in the page properties? Then save page and publish?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yes, I have it in the background with text on top. When I publish, I get the text and a little photo graphic in the upper left hand corner with a slash through it. Thanks
      Louis

Comment

Louis, you can only have ONE photo in the background - text would have to be on the page itself. You can only enter one thing at all into the page background - so I think you aren't putting it there? Right click on the page, go into page properties, click on background, click on the little square next to the image area - and find your image you want and enter it there.

The background will be the ENTIRE background of the page.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Please post the URL of your problematic page so we can have a look.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

navaldesign: since it did not work, I no longer have the page. I'm going to do another but it may take a little time. Thanks for all your help to this point. I'll be back I hope on Monday
            Bethers: As stated on original thread, I've only one photo which shows up fine while I'm creating the page, and I've saved it properly, the photo is in the background and the text is in the foreground. I'ts just when I publish, the photo goes away. As you can see above I have to re-create the page for obversation. Thanks for your help.
            Louis

Comment

Check hotlink protection in your CP. If it is enabled, you need to add your site to the list of allowed sites.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

navaldesign
                Sorry, not familiar with "hotlink protection in your CP." Can you please explain. Thanks
                Louis

Comment

Go in your Control Panel. You will see an icon with writen, underneath, HotLink Protection
                  Click on it. You will get to a new screen. On top there is the indication of Hotlink Protection enabled or disabled. If it is enabled, you need to add your site to the liast of allowed sites, in the window.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

navaldesign
                    No HotLink in my control pannel and after a system search, HotLink is not found. Thanks
                    Louis

Comment

Working...
                    X