cherokeeon12thave.com
id#7696

How does one place a photo in the background of a page. I have it toned
down through Photoshop and it shows on my workup page but when I publish,
nothing. Any help will be appreciated.
Louis

Bethers
11-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Are you entering it as the background in the page properties? Then save page and publish?

cherecom
11-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Yes, I have it in the background with text on top. When I publish, I get the text and a little photo graphic in the upper left hand corner with a slash through it. Thanks
Louis

Bethers
11-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Louis, you can only have ONE photo in the background - text would have to be on the page itself. You can only enter one thing at all into the page background - so I think you aren't putting it there? Right click on the page, go into page properties, click on background, click on the little square next to the image area - and find your image you want and enter it there.

The background will be the ENTIRE background of the page.

navaldesign
11-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Please post the URL of your problematic page so we can have a look.

cherecom
11-11-2006, 06:08 PM
navaldesign: since it did not work, I no longer have the page. I'm going to do another but it may take a little time. Thanks for all your help to this point. I'll be back I hope on Monday
Bethers: As stated on original thread, I've only one photo which shows up fine while I'm creating the page, and I've saved it properly, the photo is in the background and the text is in the foreground. I'ts just when I publish, the photo goes away. As you can see above I have to re-create the page for obversation. Thanks for your help.
Louis

navaldesign
11-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Check hotlink protection in your CP. If it is enabled, you need to add your site to the list of allowed sites.

cherecom
11-13-2006, 05:53 PM
navaldesign (http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/../members/navaldesign.html)
Sorry, not familiar with "hotlink protection in your CP." Can you please explain. Thanks
Louis

navaldesign
11-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Go in your Control Panel. You will see an icon with writen, underneath, HotLink Protection
Click on it. You will get to a new screen. On top there is the indication of Hotlink Protection enabled or disabled. If it is enabled, you need to add your site to the liast of allowed sites, in the window.

cherecom
11-14-2006, 04:13 PM
navaldesign (http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/../members/navaldesign.html)
No HotLink in my control pannel and after a system search, HotLink is not found. Thanks
Louis