Preview Images in Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview Images in Browser

I design the pages on BV and save them in the PC.
    When I burn them on a CD and use it on different PC, images disappear, (X appear)when preview in browser, WHY?
    Please advise!

Re: Images Disappear When Preview in Browser

Hi, BV is looking for a folder where your images are stored. So you need to place the folder where the site images are stored on the CD as well.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

It's not quite that simple. You need to be calling for the images from the cd on all computers that you want them to found on the cd. If you pulled them up from a folder in your pictures files - that's a completely different path than the same folder on the cd. So, make sure you call them up from the cd no matter what computer you're on and you'll be able to use from different computers.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
        It's not quite that simple. You need to be calling for the images from the cd on all computers that you want them to found on the cd. If you pulled them up from a folder in your pictures files - that's a completely different path than the same folder on the cd. So, make sure you call them up from the cd no matter what computer you're on and you'll be able to use from different computers.
        I copied the whole folder and everything inside the folder from PC to CD where I designed the pages using BV.
        When open it on different PC, all the pages still the same, everything is still there BUT all images disappear while preview in browser, unless I go back and reattach the images again on BV. Does it work like that?

Comment

Yes, because every image has, in a BV file, it's own path. Since a different computer may have a differently named directory structure (f.e. in one PC your space is named "WS", whilst in the other it is named "Blue") . To overcome the problem you need to copy the files from the CD to the computer you are working on, inside the BV folder. Images in the CD "images" folder, need to be placed also in the computer's "Bluevoda/Images" folder.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks.will try as you suggested.

Comment

Working...
            X