How to replace Image File with new Image File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to replace Image File with new Image File

Hi... Hey!.. What's an easy way to replace an published Image with a new Image? Sounds simple... but this is my first time at it...Can this be done in the File Manager?.... Thanks Doug

Re: How to replace Image File with new Image File

Originally posted by dougnez
    Hi... Hey!.. What's an easy way to replace an published Image with a new Image? Sounds simple... but this is my first time at it...Can this be done in the File Manager?.... Thanks Doug
    Hi Doug

You could do this in your ftp program. You would need to name this image the exact name that is already published, then upload the image via your ftp publisher, and then the image would change to the new image everywhere you have it placed ... it should be okay assuming it is the exact same size, otherwise you will have a spacing problem doing it this way ..... if it is just one image, you could just simply delete it from your page, insert your new image, and republish your page .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank You... For Responding ... Yes I'll do just as you say... I have a couple file names though... one I believe is an http address the other a file name.... which do I utilize???...In fact .. I hope that this reply to you gets to you...as I am so new to all of this Blue Voda... Thank you... Doug

Originally posted by LadyEye
      Hi Doug

You could do this in your ftp program. You would need to name this image the exact name that is already published, then upload the image via your ftp publisher, and then the image would change to the new image everywhere you have it placed ... it should be okay assuming it is the exact same size, otherwise you will have a spacing problem doing it this way ..... if it is just one image, you could just simply delete it from your page, insert your new image, and republish your page .....

Comment

Thank You... For Responding ... Yes I'll do just as you say... I have a couple file names though... one I believe is an http address the other a file name.... which do I utilize???...In fact .. I hope that this reply to you gets to you...as I am so new to all of this Blue Voda... Thank you... Doug
        Doug ....

if you have the image on your computer i would use that one, and actually upload the image .... not sure if the http is your own or not, but I would rather have my own images on my own computer and uploaded by my own ftp .... yw ....

you're doing great by the way .... posting perfectly and the program will come to you, but I'll tell you, you'll always be learning, it's fabulous!! Good luck, and always ask for help!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Why don't you just replace the image on the page in BV - then republish? Lot's easier.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Suggested that too Bethers ... I am just wondering where the image is if it is at an http: addy ....?? should download it and upload the image again ... I would agree ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi... Oh I know to republish is easiest.. But..All of my designs, templates and images were deleted from my Blue Voda Website Builder while I was working in the C-Panel. How this happened I do not know. Is there any way to retrieve this design from the C-Panel? And place back into the Website builder? Thanks Doug

Originally posted by Bethers
              Why don't you just replace the image on the page in BV - then republish? Lot's easier.

Comment

Hi... You're right about the http... My designs were uploaded from a friend's computer. He was helping me with the programming. But I still don't understand why all my published and unpublished designs, templates and images were erased from my Blue Voda Website Builder while I was working in the C-Panel..... Hummmm???
                Thank you much for your help... I'll get it figured!! Doug

Originally posted by LadyEye
                Suggested that too Bethers ... I am just wondering where the image is if it is at an http: addy ....?? should download it and upload the image again ... I would agree ....

Comment

Hi... Oh I know to republish is easiest.. But..All of my designs, templates and images were deleted from my Blue Voda Website Builder while I was working in the C-Panel. How this happened I do not know. Is there any way to retrieve this design from the C-Panel? And place back into the Website builder? Thanks Doug
                  Your designs and things would have had to have been deleted by yourself somehow in your control panel, while you are in your directories in there, have a look in your trash can, you would have had to delete them and then confirmed to delete them again, so they may still be there,.

Or perhaps you are not looking in the correct directory, if they were published to your public_html directory,find that directory and then click on it, this should open and see your files. or perhaps you published them in another directory,check these directories in your file manager

If they are deleted,then - while viewing your pages you published, right click on them and save them to your computer again and re-insert them on your page and republish ...

If they were from your friends computer, you would need to rename them after saving them to the exact file name that you had originally published if you were just to make the change in your ftp publisher as we previously discussed in the beginning of the thread ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

As Bethers advised, it is BEST to simply replace the image in BV and republish.

It is extremely important that users understand the approved uses for the FTP tools both BV and cP makes available, and why it needs to be reserved for transferring non-BV or larger size files only........it is all too common for newer users to try to cut corners and bypass proper Publishing via Blue Voda, more often than not with disasterous results.

Additionally, the allowance of "short-cuts" interferes with the learning curve for overall familiarity of cPanel and other utilities protocols.
                    VodaHost has made the entire world of web publishing easy for everyone, having simplified the progressive and foundational understandings so as one becomes more advanced, each "new" logistic makes sense, having been layered upon previous understandings and practices.
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I had a logo on my site, on every page, so was about 75 pages, the company had changed logos, I needed to make a change, to go through 75 pages, well, it would have been a daunting task at the very least.

Through various questions and answers I found that if I took the new logo, made it the exact dimensions as the previous logo, and then called it the exact name as the previous logo, and then opened my ftp manager, uploaded the file, the image changed all by itself on all 75 of my pages, it worked beautifully.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

....so would using an iFrame, but am I alone in strving to "process the process" for less ecclectic applications for the majority of users?
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                          ....so would using an iFrame, but am I alone in strving to "process the process" for less ecclectic applications for the majority of users?
                          No I don't believe so Vasili, as I too had to learn all of the steps prior to even being able to think about this process, let alone be able to apply the correct questions to find the right answers, I too share your belief of the learning process. I did have several months of learning under my belt, so to speak, but was pleasantly surprised to apply this knowledge when it counted.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                          X