Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• links and images

HI!
    Anyone experiencing problems with losing links and images not showing? The site seems fine and then today the problems started up -- second time. I believe it's because soho was "resolving" yesterday (11/10). Last month I had the same issue. Seems each time Soho goes through that auto process I lose the links and images.

So...I have to redo each link and upload each image again.

Thoughts?
    www.connievanberkel.com

Re: Lost links and images again

Be sure that you are "cycling" through the Webmaster Control Panel completely after saving your page and link additions....unless Soho recognizes changes (additions, new elements) by saving them, leaving the panel "sideways" does not record any recent work....

>> Soho does not "resolve" itself on any kind of schedule....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I can see your site with all the images and the links perfectly.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Vasil for the input and Navaldesign for checking out the sight.

Navaldesign, I had already updated links and reloaded images before you checked the site. It was fine for the past 3 weeks then 11/11 links and images were lost again. I'm relieved it seems fine to others also.

Vasil, thanks for the reminder about cycling through the main panel. I'm frustrated to have the site fine and then lose links and images when Soho resolves. Any thoughts on why the changes occur when Soho resolves? This incident happened last month as well.

www.connievanberkel.com

Comment

Quite frankly, your is the first instance in many fellow Soho users that this issue has come up.

I tend to think it is something on your end (I know, no help and discouraging), as not only is this a peculiar issue, but one without precedence.

Try roaming the Soho Support Forum (a link is in my signature below) and locate "templatezapper.com".....email Ben at templatezapper.com and ask him about this issue. Be sure to describe in great documentable detail all the points, and he should be able to help you out. (He is the one I turn to with Soho problems, and he is one of the premier spe******ts).

Comment

Im not sure what Ben at template zapper would be able to fix, but Mike Morrison on the soho forum would be able to answer you if you post over there. I also dont know what cycling through the cpanel has to do with saving pages, but make sure you always say YES to changes when changing from edit to view. Or edit to main menu.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Vasili and Karen. I did get on the Soho forum. Hopefully an answer will be forthcoming. The save function is something I am consistent with using so I don't think that's the problem. Since the site was fine until the "resolve" occurred I believe another issue is involved. I'm not ruling out operator error. I suppose it's a matter of one step at a time to troubleshoot.

Thanks for replying. I always appreciate helpful ideas and thoughts.

Comment

I had a store built on Soho - and never heard of them "resolving" anything - and never lost anything - I just moved the store. Karen has a store and doesn't have this issue. If it was something to do with what you're calling "resolve" I would think it would be universal. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: links and images

Thanks Bethers,
                  Appreciate the 2 cents. You're right, the problem would be universal if it occurred elsewhere. Not sure where I'm going next with this. No response in Soho forum as yet, but I have faith a solution is forthcoming. Challenges keep life interesting.

Connie

Comment

DUPLICATED FROM EARLIER POSTS:

Quite frankly, your is the first instance in many fellow Soho users that this issue has come up.
                    As a fellow Soho User, I make it my business to know as much as I can about the technologies I get involved with.

Be sure that you are "cycling" through the Webmaster Control Panel completely after saving your page and link additions....unless Soho recognizes changes (additions, new elements) by saving them, leaving the panel "sideways" does not record any recent work....
                    >> Soho does not "resolve" itself on any kind of schedule....

I tend to think it is something on your end (I know, no help and discouraging), as not only is this a peculiar issue, but one without precedence.
                    Obviously, I would not have mentioned anything without knowing for sure it was not a "universal" issue, and as in posts previous, there is no such thing as "cycling" in Soho or any other cart or program offered here at VodaHost. (I performed exhaustive Searches in the Soho Forum previous to my posts, just to be absolutely sure I offered the most accurate information)

Try roaming the Soho Support Forum (a link is in my signature below) and locate "templatezapper.com".....email Ben at templatezapper.com and ask him about this issue. Be sure to describe in great documentable detail all the points, and he should be able to help you out. (He is the one I turn to with Soho problems, and he is one of the premier spe******ts).
                    Karen mentioned trying to get a hold of Mike Morrison (a principal programmer at Soholaunch) and one of the key "regulars" on the Soho Forum (the forum is typically very slow to respond with answers).....that is why I suggested Ben at template-zapper.com, who is also a Principal with the single most preferred and referred developer of Soho. I am sure you will find quicker resolve and kindliness from him.

I offered specific and cognizant assistance without obstrufication and personal ancedotes in hopes to solve your issue promptly and without undue confusion.

I imagine that if a specific answer is not forthcoming via the Soho Forum, and you cannot find satisfactory resolve via emailing Ben, than you might need to backup your work (into a seperate folder) and re-install Soholaunch.....it may be that you have a bug inherent from installation (connections glitch).
                    If you are using a Template, it would also be the perfect time to upgrade your version of Soholaunch, as the newest modifications are now deemed stable, offering greater versatility and functionality, as version upgrades are not easily performed after templates are installed.

Comment

Hi Vasili,
                      Sorry if I sounded trite and unappreciative. Didn't mean that at all.

I emailed Ben per your suggestion besides posting on the Soho forum. I'll look into upgrading and if need be reloading. I am using a standard Soho template. Perhaps something is going on with that too.

Thanks again,
                      Connie

Karen, I'll also email Mike Morrison.

Comment

Connie,

Ive found Mike to be most personable, however, He doesnt work weekends, so it does take him some time to respond. The Soho forum does have issues as there arent as many people answering questions, so it does get frustrating at times! I dont take ANY of this stuff personal but obviously some do. If I can help I do, and If you ignore me, no biggie! I try to answer in soho as ive got several friends also working in soho, and Im in it most everyday for my store, so usually, i can answer based on my own experience and not second hand advice!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Connie,

I just had a thought. That editor is java scripted. I wonder if you might need to update to the latest version. Try updating that and see if it doesnt solve your issue.
                          heres a link

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen and Vasili
                            Sorry to be so long in responding. We've had a few major life experiences this week, but they're finally under control.

Agina, thanks for the help. I'm going to do an upgrade today after backup. I heard back from Ben, but not a resolution and not a solution yet on Soho forum. Hmm... everyone thinks I'm not saving. Not sure how that could be since the site is fine for weeks at a time, then...we'll you know the rest.

By the way, love your store, Karen.

I'll let you all know what happens!

Connie

Comment

Connie,

I just noticed in the cpanel on the hosting end, in fantastico, soho, cpanel was warning me to update soho, even tho i updated it thru the builder already. Try updating here as well and see if this solves your issues.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X