Creating a Guest Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Guest Book

I noticed someone mention a guest book in one of the posts. I would like to know how to make a guest book. It there a link to a tutorial or can someone tell me how? Thanks

Re: Creating a Guest Book

Installing a Guestbook

Go to fantastico, (the blue smiley) in your control panel. Once inside,
    click on the viper guestbook and install. You will receive a confirmation email with your password, etc., for your guestbook. You will note the url for your guestbook will also be in the email and will not have .html at the end. The url will be http://www.yourdomain.com/guestbook This is the url that you will link to either the words “guestbook” or a graphic image of a guestbook on any page or more on your site.
    You will receive a password for the admin of your guestbook, once inside there you can set your guestbook up with colors, etc., One thing I might recommend is to approve posts before accepting them in your guestbook. This way you are in control of what goes in there, as guestbooks are spam targets. You will have control this way, and just check it everyday. You can also set it to receive an email to yourself letting you know when a new post arrives. Give it a try, if you need any further help, just let us know. Good Luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I need some help with the viper guestbook. I have reviewed the posts on viper and followed the instructions you show above. I can see all the correct files in my guestbook folder in my public_html folder but when I click on the links for the guestbook and the admin I get an error message. "Internal Server Error".

Any ideas what is happening.

public URL is http://sdtheta.org/guestbook/
      Admin URL is http://sdtheta.org/questbook/admin.php

Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Internal Server Error: usually a folder with wrong permissions. Check it
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Just to give a little more info.

Like Naval said, you may want to check your permissions. I believe...
          1. Go into your FTP folder
          2. Click on the folder that has the guestbook in it
          3. Click on properties and change the permission to 777.

If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I have been following the thread as well as I can not seem to get my guestbook up.

I have followed all the steps but when I try to go to either the index or admin page I get this error. I have checked the permissions on the folders.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@sdtheta.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
            More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas?

Comment

I don't know if it is because you do not have the www. in the above links, I tried it with the www. and your site does come up but I also do not see anywhere on your site that you have linked your guestbook too?

You also need to put the guestbook say on your main page (index page) with the link ....

did you install it in the public_html directory as guestbook?

Perhaps you should uninstall and start all over again, you may have done a few incorrectly, beginning with the www. missing ???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your comments. I will uninstall and try it again.

I must be doing something wrong during the install as I am having the same issue with phplist.

Thank you,
                wb

Comment

Hi

I cant seem to find the viper guestbook in my fantastico plus. How can I install guestbook for my web page www.kwspm.com? Please help.

Comment

Working...
                  X