Naming 1st page index.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming 1st page index.

Ok, my first page on my first web site is named index.

Now, when I try to name my first page on my SECOND (totally different and new) web site - index, the resopnse
    I get is - "I already have a page named index - do I want to replace it"

What am I doing wrong and how do I get around this so I build multiple web sites using the BlueVoda web sit builder and publisher?

Re: Naming 1st page index.

If you are trying to publish a second website , separate from your first one, the additional website is an addon.. addons must be registered domain names and you must add the new website to your account before you publish it.. once the addon is created, a folder will be created for it in your public_html.. in that folder, all your pages, including the new index page are uploaded.

Comment

Thanks for the response, Carlos.

All my domain names are registered and have been added-on to my VodaHost account.

First, I'm very new this so, please keep your answers simple.

1) How do I add my "new website" to "my account" before I publish it?

What I understand from your first response is,

"Go ahead and build the web site. Don't worry about saving the first page as "index", this will be done for me automatically when I add the new website to my account."

So, again how do I add this "new website"
      to my account before I publish it?Thanks again and I look forward to your answer,

Phil

Comment

Hi Phil

It sounds to me that your domain names within your main account are all set and ready to go. It sounds like you have created your main site and called your first name index and have published it and are okay creating and linking all the pages that will go with that site.

It now seems to me you are asking how to create an index page for your second site, and what happens when you do, is it is asking if you want to replace it. The answer is "NO"

For your 2nd domain, within your computer, you need to have it's own file.
        That way you can create another page called index, not interferring with the first page called index.

So, create yourself a file folder within your computer called "2nd website" or whatever your choosing. Then create your index page for your 2nd website and save it in there. Then you must publish this to public_html/2ndwebsite or whatever the name of the directory (FILE) is that was created for publishing this 2nd website ....

Publishing to your main domain - public_html
        Publishing to your 2nd domain - public_html/nameofdirectoryyouused

Just ask away again, if I've not been clear ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi LadyEye,

Thanks for the response. Yes, you are clear. But, just so you will know ... I know nothing about what I'm doing ... so, please keep this in mind and please, bear with my me and my questions.

You do have the basic's as to where I am. I am in the process of completing my first website and just wanted to get a jump on my second.
          Regardless, I will build a number of sites so knowing how to do this will be very helpful.

I follow your instructions as to "creating a file folder in my computer".
          But, where and how in my computer?

I know how to create a folder on my desktop, but I don't think this is where you are speaking.

So, when you tell me please also tell me how (i.e. "right click on" .......... "save in Programs or where ever") etc.

I find that this all turns out to be very simple once I understand what I'm doing.

Thanks again for your help,

Phil

Comment

you can save you new folder in the BlueVoda fold - just open BV folder and create new folder - same as you would on your desktop
            ann
            Ann
            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

As I said I'm new to this...So, I :

1) Go to My Computer, then 2) Local Disk, then 3) Program Files, find and open BlueVoda folder. 4) Right click and create "new folder" and give it a relevent name?

Do I get it? Or not?

Thanks for all the help. A response to my Quick Reply will be appreciated.

Regards,

Phil

Comment

I don't save my blue voda folders on my desktop, just because I will end up with a million or more, so I have my blue voda folder in My Documents, so if you go into MY DOCUMENTS on your computer, you can right click and create a folder in there .... or if you choose to do this whereever, you would do the same thing ....

So it really doesn't matter where you have your folder, but it should also be like Ann says in with your blue voda things ... I am wondering where you have those ....??

What we are referring to are all the .bvp files, they are blue, find out where they are being stored on your computer, if you cannot find, do a search for .bvp and your computer will take you there.

Just another folder in with those, that is called 2nd website, or whatever you like to name it, then you can have an index file in there without conflicting with your other index file .... and then publish as discussed above ....

How about that??

You will be a "sleuth" in no time!! And you will impress yourself ... keep smiling!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi there LadyEye and Ann,

I took your advise and did a search for .bvp. They are in the My Documents
                  folder.

So then, all I need to do is right click in that BlueVoda folder and create a folder (with a relevent name) just as if I was doing the same on my desktop.

Is this correct?

Looking forward to your answer.

Thanks to both of you for the great help,

Phil

Comment

yes that is correct, good for you, see.......... :)

and then for your second site, remember to click in that folder to save your index page otherwise it will again ask you if you want to save over your other one ..... keep them separate, sometimes you will err doing this, we all do ... you'll learn how to clean up your mess later ... lol

Good for you!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks again LadyEye.

But, just one more check to see if I saved it correctly.

When I open BlueVoda (BV) Builder to "open an existing page";

the box with all files in it opens; I see my original WS index (a "BV icon") and below that I see my;

2nd WS in the name of the file I gave it;
                      and when I click-thru on this file my 2nd WS opens in the
                      BV builder screen.

Does this mean all is saved properly?

Thanks for the great help,

Phil

Comment

yes it surely does, great job .... and just remember when you go to publish you will have to add for your 2nd site whatever it is after public_html/__________ <------ add it there .... and then when you go to publish for your first site you will just publish public_html ....
                        sometimes you will forget, and that may be a reason you wont see your new page showing, so check that .... it's pretty easy to make this mistake ....

and if you do make a mistake, you can always go into your file manager and clear the ones out of each folder that do not belong ....

you're doing gr888ttttt!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X