Publishing My Web Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing My Web Pages

I'm using Windows server, and having been publishing my web pages using the Ipswich WS_FTP Professional. Usually the pages, which are designed using Front Page are in .htm or .html extensions, with the home page being the index.htm.

I've just done web pages using the BlueVoda, and the files are in .bvp extensions. I'm having problems getting the pages to work when I upload them to the server.

Please how can I get the pages converted to the .html or htm extensions, so that they can start working?

Thanks for your usual assistance and guidance.

Dorispearl

Re: Publishing My Web Pages

Originally posted by Dorispearl
    I'm using Windows server, and having been publishing my web pages using the Ipswich WS_FTP Professional. Usually the pages, which are designed using Front Page are in .htm or .html extensions, with the home page being the index.htm.

I've just done web pages using the BlueVoda, and the files are in .bvp extensions. I'm having problems getting the pages to work when I upload them to the server.

Please how can I get the pages converted to the .html or htm extensions, so that they can start working?

Thanks for your usual assistance and guidance.

Dorispearl

Hi Doris

The pages you make in blue voda are saved as .bvp extensions on your computer, but when published to your public_html directory are automatically put in the .html extension.
    Your first page of your website you create a .bvp file for needs naming index and getspublished to public_html and by default is the page that when typing your website address will bring you to.
    Every page there after becomes linked to it and is saved by its own name and published to public_html and will become a .html page

first page index http://www.yourdomainname.com

2nd page (say it's called grapes) - http://www.yourdomainname.com/grapes.html

But you only need saving and publishing it to public_html calling it grapes
    Everything else will do it by itself.

Hope this is what you were asking and helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Publishing My Web Pages

In other words, you don't need to use ftp at all to publish a BV page - it's all ready - just click the publish icon - or clock to publish from the drop down list under "file"

As LadyEye explained - whatever you have named the page - will be it's name once published - the .bvp on line will become .html
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X