Forms, Forms and Forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms, Forms and Forms

Hello out there.... recently set up a one page information form on my site www.themerrybird.com.

All seems to work properly from customer point of view, except... The Merry Bird does not receive the customer data from the form, it is not sent to the designated email address or anywhere. I do receive my autoresponder message with an error message attached that says:
    Mail Failure : no recipient address. (to my outlook mailbox)

I'd be happy to put in the recipient address where it's needed but can't find where it's missing. Checked cpanel webmail settings, outlook settings as well, all looks ok but data never gets to me.... aLso checked form page properties and html.

Any help or suggestions? I've done tutorials twice and three times....worked outlook tutorials as well.... what to do now?

Kristine

Re: Forms, Forms and Forms

sounds to me like there are a few things that may be loopy.

start with your form.

action.php ...there might be some variables missing or incorrect, so its not processing the form correctly.

also, this caught my eye in your form:

<INPUT type="submit" name="Submit Order Information" value="Submit Order Information"

I thought this needed to be Submit as it is referenced in the php file that processes your form. Again, not sure.

When using an AutoResponder, it's email address needs to also be an already created email address or create one in cPanel if it hasn't been created yet.

Advice, FormMakerPro....i am no longer confused. Woohoo!
    Robert
    www.GraphXntrix.com
    Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

What kind of variables might be missing from "action.php"?
      I will change Submit Order... to SUBMIT to see if this redirects.
      (page doesn't always republish.... ???)

Email address for autoresponder is old standard email so no issue there, I hope...

Thanks for the tips, I'll check and put into action and say hello again if things remain "loopy"... lol

Kristine

Comment

PLease post here your php script, as well as details on how you have implemented it.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Now, the card services page...

the form, when i press the TAB key, the cursor usually would go from one field of a form to the next...all the way to the end of the form. Well, lol, it .....goes all over the page on your's. I actually started to have fun trying to get the cursor to land in some of the fields for about 3 minutes. No, really, it was a blast. :)
          --you may have to line them up and "bring to front" the some of these fields if you made your form using bluevoda.
          ----I agree with Naval, you may need to have someone take a look at the action.php script.

Here are some aspects of your form that I'm curious about(only because I don't know what your form is supposed to do):

for the last drop-down selection field with the option:
          --100+ Contact MB for details ----->May I ask how this is handled?
          --I'm curious to know why there is a selection for quantity of cards near top of form AND a drop-down selection for pricing at bottom that has options including set quanities of cards? perhaps I overlooked something?

I was hoping you had a thread for your site under "Website Reviews.." section to let you know of some small things missing from some pages.
          Below are some of the things I noticed:

--missing "Card Services" and "Postcards" buttons in your side navbar

--"Card Services" button missing in side navbar
          --your page "title" is exactly like it's "name"...the title doesn't have to be the same as the name of the actual page.

--"Card Services" button again is missing

I really like the concept behind your site. I would love to know what inspired the merrybird!
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com
          Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Independently from the form functionality or how the information is handled once received, your form is correct (from the technical point of view). So your problem lies with the php script that you have in the "action.php" page, not with the form itself. Please post here the php script, and details on how you have implemented it in your action.php page.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi, can someone help. I have built my form page, i receive the emails ok, but the tabs and the text to write in the tabs are tiny?
              http://www.LifestyleOnVideo.com

"Your Passion Is Your Compass!
              If You Know Your Path Of Least Resistance:- Stress Will Be Less!
              To Get On Your Correct Path,
              You Need To Connect With The Right People At The Right Time.
              Flow In Your River Of Wealth And Let’s Connect!”
              Stan Tsiamoulis

Comment

Please provide a link to your contact page.

Please note that BV9.02 had this problem, which is now fixed in version 9.03 . Please uninstall BV9.02 , delete your browser's cache files, and redownload / reinstall the new BV 9.03 . Open your page in it, adjust and publish again.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X