Annoying little line...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying little line...

This is a small problem but wondering if someone can help me. I was adding some vertical lines using the "shape" tool and wound up with a thin black line at the bottom of my index page. It does not appear anywhere in my file, but on the published page, it shows up. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Check out www.lifeatfifty.com at the very bottom of the index page (under the counter). Thanks.

Patti

Try dragging your mouse over the targeted area, it might select the line and allow you to delete it.
    ::Steven.H::

Comment

Thanks Steven.... tried dragging the mouse all over the area on that page, but nothing shows. Any other help is appreciated.

Patti

Originally posted by Steven.H
      Try dragging your mouse over the targeted area, it might select the line and allow you to delete it.

Comment

Try checking your arrangements. The line could be somewhere behind the main layout.

Try sending everything to the back of the page, hopefully it will show up.
        ::Steven.H::

Comment

goto view, click show grid, this will place around all your stuff if you see one thats doesn't belong there your have it!!!
          www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
          BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
          Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Thanks, but I always have my grid showing... and there's no content anywhere around where I see it on the live page... it's at the very bottom, under my counter. It simply doesn't appear anywhere in my file. I don't know what else to do. Think I should open a ticket?

Originally posted by Maddog
            goto view, click show grid, this will place around all your stuff if you see one thats doesn't belong there your have it!!!

Comment

Check your source coding/html to see if there's a plain code input and an underline or something. IDK, wierd!

jason
              www.pilotchip.com

Comment

I think Maddog means VIEW>Object Outlines

The lines you describe don't show on my screen. Have you done anything new to your site since last posting by pilotchip? As no one made any comment about that I wonder if it is because I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser...
                your marquee covers the first line of main text box. The Amazon/books images further down cover text as well, the links at the top seem to have slipped down....Do viewers with Internet Explorer notice this too??

Norbert
                Norbert

N. Majerus
                Specialties Distributors Inc.
                Barbados, W.I.

http://specialties-distributors.com

Comment

Originally posted by specialtiesbarbados

The lines you describe don't show on my screen. Have you done anything new to your site since last posting by pilotchip? As no one made any comment about that I wonder if it is because I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser...
                  your marquee covers the first line of main text box. The Amazon/books images further down cover text as well, the links at the top seem to have slipped down....Do viewers with Internet Explorer notice this too??

Norbert
                  I use a browser based on IE, and her site looks great from here.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Annoying Little Line...

Bingo! Or at least half a bingo... I selected view objects outlines and sure enough, that stinkin' black line is there on my file! The bad news... I can't click on it to delete it! Any other ideas? I could always redo the page, but I'd rather not. Hopefully someone has an answer for me? BTW, the line currently appears in the last paragraph of text

Also, I had no idea that the page was not displaying correctly with Mozilla. I have wondered about that. Seems that I have to put html boxes in weird places that look totally out of place on the file, but are ok when published. I assume others have the same difficulties? Any work around for that problem?

Originally posted by specialtiesbarbados

Norbert

Comment

Download version 7.5 which has some workarounds for FireFox/Mozilla bugs.

If you do a 'Select All' is the black line then selected.
                      It's probably an object on a layer that's covered by another object.
                      Forum Moderator
                      BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Nope, there is no visual difference between IE and Firefox exept that in Firefox it is a little more noticable that the 3 Amazon books cover some text.

Also, I now see the line. Both In IE and Firefox. I was was looking in the left margin before but see it now within the text.

Patti, do you want me to send IE screen shots? There are 4 of them about 200Kb average.

Norbert
                        Norbert

N. Majerus
                        Barbados, W.I.

Comment

I've loaded your webpage in BlueVoda and it's clearly a (small) black shape object (bv01083.gif) behind your text object. Just move the text temporary to the side and select the shape to delete it.
                          Forum Moderator
                          BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Patti, I think it's your file/image bv01083.gif that's giving you the problem.
                            Don't know if ***** would agree with this (as he said not to touch stuff in the preview folder) but I would go there anyway and temporarely place an x in front of file, i.e. rename it to xbv01083.gif . You can always change it back.

Reload your index page in BV and preview it. Line gone??

Norbert
                            Norbert

N. Majerus
                            Barbados, W.I.

Comment

Ahhh, Pablo, you must have had a quicker way....

Norbert
                              Norbert

N. Majerus
                              Barbados, W.I.

Comment

Working...
                              X