ftp & SQL problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp & SQL problems

Re my VIP Interactive Site Creator software uploading.

I've unzipped it and as far as I know it is all on the right hand side of FTP .

Why after creating a database and user and "linking" same after opening a link on my browser as per instructions I end up with a 404 error?

HELP ME PLEASE.
    M.J.Ming

Re: ftp & SQL problems

Is this a 3rd party php script? If so have you tried theirt forums too as they would probably have people who know more than me.

I would also double check that you have followed instructions correctly and entered all http:// paths in the correct case. These paths are case sensitive and if your server paths are all in lower case and the script paths all in upper then they will not link. the same goes if you have just one letter in the wrong case.

If this doesn't work please come back and i'm sure somebody else will have ideas.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Tha ks for your advice but I'm still at a total loss. There is too much "assumed" in program instructions.
      Q.1
      Do I unzip said file first?
      Q2. Do I need to go to MySQL top create a database and username?
      I have a dvd reslle product which I transferred to my harddrive and every attempt at following instructions to upload to my Web site has failed. Where do I find simple step-by-step instructions to help me - a complete begiinner to win out in this vital step? This without costing too much if need be.
      M.J.Ming

Comment

Q1)..Unless its a self extracting setup program, then yes you unzip the file and then normally ftp the folder OR all the files to your website.
        ...normally you have a readme file which gives you instructions.......

Q2)..Have you run the setup program ?
        ...this normally creates the database, but will ask you for a password!!
        If not then create a database and then run the setup program or install.php

Most programs come with instructions....if you want to email me the instructions, I will have a look for you.

Contact me through any of my websites.........
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
        X