Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many Keywords

Hi all,

I read an article today on site optimisation which clearly indicated that too many keywords is not good. But how many, is too many? The article said that if your meta tags contain too many keywords or phrases the search engines will view this as spamming.

Can anyone add to this. Is it correct? Is there an amount that you shouldn't go past?

Paul
    Oscommerce sites : www.nutritionzone.co.uk
    www.aromaskincare.co.uk
    www.thebirthbox.com

well,that is true.It is said that around 20 keywords is the limit or around 200-250 characters but it depends on the site too.I have seen 2-3 websites that have over 200 keywords and are listed 1st in search engines without any problems.I can't help you because the subject is search engine optimization and i am not good at it.Try putting 20 keywords and i think it will be fine....for a start
    http://www.thebestcyprusproperties.com

Comment

Paul,

The ideal amount of keywords is 1 for your primary and 1 for your secondary. I've read that meta tags doesn't carry much weight anymore in SEO. Now they have new ways (and changes always) of indexing your pages. I think it's called the LSI, Latex Symentic Indexing or something. Not very sure about it.

Many people have many opinions, so which one to follow? I'd follow the old school method. Lastly the content of your page should be informative, meaning giving your readers waht they want to know.

I wouldn't worry much about keyword on tags. FYI, for one of my page, I did not even have that keyword on my tag but indexed by MSN and it's on the first page.

My 2 cents,

Jasman
      Tag & Ping Made Easy for Only $8.88

Comment

Working...
      X