Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action is not a registered protocol

URL is - http://www.cvsquirrel.co.uk

I have created an application page in my website. It contains a submit button which I have called "apply". I took note of the advice in the BlueVoda tutorial about not using the "mailto" approach and used "action: PHP2 instead, following the instructions. I also created a "Thank you" page. When a client completes the application form and clicks the apply button, the contents of the form should come through to my email address - mail@cvsquirrel.co.uk and there should be an automatic redirection to the "Thank you" page. This does not happen. Instead, clicking the apply button brings up a box containing the message:

"Action is not a registered protocol"

The contents of the form are not delivered to my e-mail address and the client is not automatically redirected to the "Thank you" page.

Does anyone know what to do to make this right?

Grateful for your help.

Thanks

Tony

Re: Action is not a registered protocol

Was the tip supposed to tell me how to get round this action is not a registered protocol thing? Or was it something else? What ever it was, I am afraid it meant nothing to me. However, I did what the instructions said in the tip and I have achieved an empty page with a bit of code in it. And?.......What?

Comment

Re: Action is not a registered protocol

The action: PHP2 was wrong. LEt's suppose that you have saved and uploaded your action script as "action.php" . If so, then, in the form, the action should be set to "action.php". Also, the php script, should have been pasted in the Inside Body of the Thankyou Page code. Then the whole thankyou page, saved as "action", and published as php

What Tip are you talking about ? You mean the tutorial ? This is a tutorial that hundreds (or should i say thousands) of clients have used to succesfully build their forms, so it is 100% certain it works, both on educational and on practical level. Just have another look at it, correct possible mistakes and everything will work fine.

In the future, post Form problems in the Form forum, it is best monitored.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X