foto size problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foto size problems...

I have published several fotos with no problem. The website is whiskeybayonline.com. Up to this point I have been adding images and, since they are very large, I drag then down to the size I want, lock it and add text.
    Then publish and hyperlink to it from the main page (its an add on domain).
    Q1. is the page saved on the server? Or as files are moved around on this PC, am I just confusing it.
    Q2.Should I create a sub-folder (in the add on folder) in BV and draw the pics from there?

The problem is: I alter the foto size and publish. But the pic remains too big.
    My main domain is keithfalkenstein.com

I hope I made my question(s) clear.
    Thanks for looking and let me know what you think. Or if you need more info just ask.

Keith Starr

Re: foto size problems...

You can resize your fotos before you add them to your page, this will elimiate you having to drag them down the size that you want. It is a free tool to use here .... pix resizer ...
    Here is the link .... http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm it's an easy download. You upload your photo resize it to the size you like, also decreasing the kbs of the photo allowing your page to load easier and faster.

Your photos that you upload on your website should remain in the same folder on your computer as when you published your page. You cannot move them around on your computer, otherwise, you will lose the image on your site ... but resizing the photos to a smaller size will allow you to move the original images to a cd or another folder of your choice because you will have the resized photos on your site.

Hope this helps. I believe this is what you were asking, and if you have anything further or need to ask about, just ask again.

Okay, I just went now and looked at your site, just the main page and the first photo I sample was 900 and some kbs, far too large ... you will need resized this down to about 20% .... the photo will still be around the same size but will probably only be about 20 or so kbs, ideally photos should be lower than this yet, but play around with the resizer and you will see what works best.

Another handy site for you to have a look at resized images to help you in choosing the size while maintaining the quality is http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php You can upload your image here and it will give you about 7 looks and size reductions .....

This is what you need, I am pretty sure.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

be sure and use pix resizer it will really help you - and what LadyEye said about moving your photos from folder to folder is so true - they should all be in one place in your bv folder In the beginning I changed photos to different places and had a real mess until I straightened everything out. lesson learned.
      Ann
      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Thank you both. I will re-size the pics and give it a try.

Keith.

Comment

I DL the pic resizer and cut a pic down to 25% and it looks cool enough and easy to manage. Two more related questions:
          1. I put the new pic into the page I'm linking to from the main (add on domain) page. But when I view it in the browser (IE) the link goes to the old linked page I published over. And all the other pics are gone. Just a box with an x upper left corner, but the link to the correct page.

2. I created a folder for pics in the sub folder in BV, but have no idea how to import the pics into it. Im afraid I may have to make the pages again from scratch.

Thanks for the help and let me know what you think.

Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Starr
            I DL the pic resizer and cut a pic down to 25% and it looks cool enough and easy to manage. Two more related questions:
            1. I put the new pic into the page I'm linking to from the main (add on domain) page. But when I view it in the browser (IE) the link goes to the old linked page I published over. And all the other pics are gone. Just a box with an x upper left corner, but the link to the correct page.

2. I created a folder for pics in the sub folder in BV, but have no idea how to import the pics into it. Im afraid I may have to make the pages again from scratch.

Thanks for the help and let me know what you think.

Keith.
            Hi Keith

It doesn't sound as though you saved your page.

If you take your page, and delete the previous picture, and re-insert your new (reduced in size) picture and then republish your page as usual, your new page should show.

The other thing, be sure you are publishing to the proper directory, since this is the addon site ... you need to publish to public_html/addonsite ....
            perhaps you are forgetting that step .....

your pictures will go automatically with your page ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X