Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images/Photos

Hi everyone

I'd like to have an 'Images' page on my website with about 20 small thumbnails. I'd like to set it up so that people can click onto a photo to open up a larger image but have no idea how this is achieved.

Also, for the larger version, what size pic should I upload. Is 100KB large enough??

Thanks

Detours
    ID: 62579725

Re: Images/Photos

Hi Detours -

On BV - on the left hand side of icons - about 3rd or 4th up from the bottom - is one called gallery - upload your pictures to this - click on thumbnail and check pop-up. You'll now have thumbnails on the page and a pop-up of the larger version.

Since I don't know what images you're doing or what size you want, I suggest you play with one and see what size you want the larger one to be - then resize the pics to the least resolution you can without losing detail in the pic at the size you want.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers

Sorry about the double post but I got an error message when I submitted the first one....

OK have followed your instructions and everything is working fine. One more question: is there some way I can name the pictures? This is a 'travel' website so it might help visitors to know what each pic is.

Thanks

Detours

Comment

If you are using the gallery feature - in properties, highlight an image - give it a title (you can change it from the picture name) - click on "Text" at the top - check to include title - select size, color, etc on the text -

You'll only have so many available characters (which depends on the size of the picture). Play with it - smaller the text size you select, more characters you can fit in.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello,

I have a similiar problem. I can get the pictures with the thumbnails on my site but when I click on the thumbnail it sends me to the top of the page and not to the picture. How can that be fixed? Also I went to add a rotating banner in and when I look at it the pictures do not change it just stays on the first picture that I uploaded. How can that be fixed and how do I add movement (flying in or wiping in) with text?

Thanks,
          Arik

Comment

if you want flying in or wiping in you might have to go to a program like picturetrails - it is free on the web.
            Ann
            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
            X