Moving/scrolling text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving/scrolling text

I have seen some BV websites that have what I would describe as 'moving text', where several words appear to scroll from right to left or left to right. How is this done?

Thanks
    Detours
    ID 62579725

Re: Moving/scrolling text

Hi Detours: Just an observation, in that you seem to be posting a lot of basic questions that can be answered by watching the various tutorials located here: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm

Just don't know if you have seen those yet. When I first started building my sites, I watched everyone of them and still refer back to them every now and then. So it would be very worthwhile for you to watch them.

To answer this question: What you are referring to is the marquee found in the top menu bar of your bluevoda webbuilder. I believe it is ususally located next to the shapes button. Click on the marquee button and it will open up a black box that says marquee. Double click on that black box and then fill in the info and experiment with it. Good Luck
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi there

Yes I've watched most of the tutorials but couldn't find an answer to this question. I wondered what a Marquee was....

Thanks

Comment

Marquee's are nice - but use them in extreme moderation please. I don't use them at all on my stores as they annoy some. I try to not annoy possible customers as much as possible.

As for the tutorials - they are awesome - and I think I watched them all way more than once - however, I understand - I don't remember finding somethings in them (like the marquee's) - even tho they might be there.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
          Marquee's are nice - but use them in extreme moderation please. I don't use them at all on my stores as they annoy some. I try to annoy possible customers as much as possible.

As for the tutorials - they are awesome - and I think I watched them all way more than once - however, I understand - I don't remember finding somethings in them (like the marquee's) - even tho they might be there.
          Hey Beth: I think you meant, "I try NOT to annoy possible customers...", right!! lol
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

LOLOL - I love my typos! Thanks for catching that.

(I don't love them on my websites tho)

Was that a Freudian slip?
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Just fixed.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, Naval :)
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

but what if I want to scroll more text with marquee you are limited to a couple of lines. Thx Massimo

Comment

No, you are not limited. Just make sure to write all your text in one line. If you press new line, it will break the text
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok will give it a try thanks

Comment

OK so I got that fixed , but now i need help for something else, when I try to hyperlink some text on my page i would like for another smaller window to open on the same page, but when ever I hyperlink it opens to a larger page and i have to return to the original one is there a way out of this???
                        Thx

Comment

Working...
                        X