PDA

View Full Version : Moving/scrolling text

Detours
11-17-2006, 03:42 AM
I have seen some BV websites that have what I would describe as 'moving text', where several words appear to scroll from right to left or left to right. How is this done?

Thanks
Detours
ID 62579725

Dream Lady
11-17-2006, 04:54 AM
Hi Detours: Just an observation, in that you seem to be posting a lot of basic questions that can be answered by watching the various tutorials located here: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm

Just don't know if you have seen those yet. When I first started building my sites, I watched everyone of them and still refer back to them every now and then. So it would be very worthwhile for you to watch them.

To answer this question: What you are referring to is the marquee found in the top menu bar of your bluevoda webbuilder. I believe it is ususally located next to the shapes button. Click on the marquee button and it will open up a black box that says marquee. Double click on that black box and then fill in the info and experiment with it. Good Luck

Detours
11-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Hi there

Yes I've watched most of the tutorials but couldn't find an answer to this question. I wondered what a Marquee was....

Thanks

Bethers
11-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Marquee's are nice - but use them in extreme moderation please. I don't use them at all on my stores as they annoy some. I try to not annoy possible customers as much as possible.

As for the tutorials - they are awesome - and I think I watched them all way more than once - however, I understand - I don't remember finding somethings in them (like the marquee's) - even tho they might be there.

Dream Lady
11-17-2006, 05:47 AM
Marquee's are nice - but use them in extreme moderation please. I don't use them at all on my stores as they annoy some. I try to annoy possible customers as much as possible.

As for the tutorials - they are awesome - and I think I watched them all way more than once - however, I understand - I don't remember finding somethings in them (like the marquee's) - even tho they might be there.

Hey Beth: I think you meant, "I try NOT to annoy possible customers...", right!! lol

Bethers
11-17-2006, 06:23 AM
LOLOL - I love my typos! Thanks for catching that.

(I don't love them on my websites tho)

Was that a Freudian slip?

navaldesign
11-17-2006, 06:28 AM
Just fixed.

Bethers
11-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks, Naval :)

massimo
01-15-2007, 08:16 PM
but what if I want to scroll more text with marquee you are limited to a couple of lines. Thx Massimo

navaldesign
01-15-2007, 09:17 PM
No, you are not limited. Just make sure to write all your text in one line. If you press new line, it will break the text

massimo
01-15-2007, 09:29 PM
ok will give it a try thanks

massimo
01-16-2007, 04:54 PM
OK so I got that fixed , but now i need help for something else, when I try to hyperlink some text on my page i would like for another smaller window to open on the same page, but when ever I hyperlink it opens to a larger page and i have to return to the original one is there a way out of this???
Thx